We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Wizard Class] 3 Circle Cryomancer Guide
Hello, I will be starting a user guide series starting today.  This thread will feature 3 Circle Crymancer, not for any particular reason(I just feel like it).  I am planning to upload one guide everyday, so look forward to it.  All the guides are based on CBT2, which means the skills might go through changes.

Cryomancer, like in other MMORPG, is not a hard hitting mage class.  It utilizes crowd control abilities, which can be effective when clearing higher level dungeons with a party.

1. Ice Bolt

- Ice Bolt deals about the same damage as Energy Bolt, but it hits harder on a target that is weak to ice.  
- Ice Bolt hits up to 3 enemies and it goes on cooldown(15s) after casting(2s) it 3 times.  
- Ice Bolt occasionally freezes enemy for 2s and it rarely freezes the boss.
- You are most likely going to master this skill since Cryomancer lacks damage spell.
- I strongly suggest mastering(level 5) Ice Bolt: Freezing Probability since it adds 50% freeze rate.

2. Ice Pike

- This is Cryomancer's bread and butter skill.  So I strongly suggest maxing this skill first.
- Ice Pike damages everyone that stands in it's way and it freezes enemy more frequently than Ice Bolt.
- It going on cooldown(60s at level 1, 32s at max level)after casting it 2 times.
- It is most effective to combo with Ice Wall

3. Ice Wall

- This is what seperates a good Cryomancer from a bad Cryomancer.  There is no point of playing Crymancer if you can't use this skill effectively.
- Rank it up to 6 walls.  Otherwise, it is a bit lackluster.
- Enemies touching the wall has a small chance to freeze.
- Enemies standing on the path of Ice Wall rises up with the wall.
- When attacked, Ice Wall deals AoE damage to enemies.
- The possibilities are endless.  You can trap enemies in the wall to set up for Ice Pike combo or just create an obstacle so you can loop around your enemies.  

4. Ice Blast

- Defrosts frozen enemies in front of you and deals a bit of damage.
- It goes on cooldown(about 60s) after casting(0s) it 3 times.
- There are some combo potential, but it is one of the weaker spells.  Can't say anything good about this spell.

5. Subzero Shield

- Blocks any damage for 3 seconds and it may freeze attacking enemies.
- Level 1 is enough for this skill.
- It goes on cooldown(20s) after casting(0s) it 2 times.
- It is somewhat tricky to time.
- It doesn't have much use other than in boss battle.
- Not completely necessary skill to have, but useful none the less.

6. Gust

- Knocks back (almost)everything in it's way!
- Level 1 is enough for this skill.
- It goes on cooldown(20s) after casting(0s) it 2 times.
- It can push back obstacles, bosses and cancel enemy spell.

7. Snow Rolling

- You can absorb enemies inside the snow ball by rolling over them and deal damage over time.  Of course, it can't trap bosses.
- It is advised to max this spell.
- It goes on cooldown(about 60s) after casting it once.
- For some reason, it can absorb traps and player made obstacles.  There is a bug where you can't move after absorbing Ice Wall.
- Do not use this spell against bosses.

well that's all I have for you today.  I hope this is a starting point for all you future Cryomancers.

If you want me to post a guide on a specific class, please leave a comment.  I can't promise you anything, but I will consider your suggestions Smile
Did you manage to get any actual experience in game? This guide seems pretty detailed^^.

Also see the video below.. there's some really very good combinations for Cryomancer skills and Cryo/Pyschoniko skills - start at 9:50 to see how they used Ice Blast to take care of large mobs of enemies and 11:05 for the boss fight. During the boss fight the Cryo/Psycho Combos are more prevalent and you can see how insane it gets.. I THINK the skill they're using is Psychic Pressure..

Avenging Angel~
(05-17-2015, 09:52 PM)Angelic Wrote: Did you manage to get any actual experience in game? This guide seems pretty detailed^^.

Also see the video below.. there's some really very good combinations for Cryomancer skills and Cryo/Pyschoniko skills - start at 9:50 to see how they used Ice Blast to take care of large mobs of enemies and 11:05 for the boss fight. During the boss fight the Cryo/Psycho Combos are more prevalent and you can see how insane it gets.. I THINK the skill they're using is Psychic Pressure..

Looks like this is CBT 1 footage.  Steparu is animation canceling Ice Pike and spamming Ice Blast afterwards. I think ToS team nerfed Ice Blast, because it was doing too much damage.  And this is a translation of the highest voted player guide(dated after CBT2).
I think you might be exactly right, thanks for the clarifications^^

I hope to see more like this actually, now to let actual Cryomancers comment..
Avenging Angel~
I like this user guide serie a lot already xD Wish that you can eventually present every class, that'd be a really nice challenge, to keep up doing it with very good quality day after day Smile

[Click to show. Click again to hide]
Would like to know more about the crafting classes, the high ranking classes and the (mysterious) Archers, also some Wizard classes, some Cleric ones too... And Swordsman xD

Alchemist, Fletcher, Squire, Pardoner, Centurion, Corsair, Doppelsoeldner, Falconer, Rogue, Oracle, Druid, Sorcerer, Quarrel Shooter, Archer, Ranger, Hunter, Sapper, Scout, Wugushi, Chronomancer, Elementalist, Wizard, Thaumaturge, Linker and also Sadhu, Peltasta, Hoplite and Rodelero x3
Nice job, looking forward on your guides, 1 per day is pretty ambitious Big Grin
My opinion is post the guide for lower rank (1-3) first Big Grin
Ice wall breaks now... right? So it sucks? We were discussing this in some other thread, but don't know if things changed.
Seems to break under determined skill effects, Cryomancer's Gust and Quarrel Shooter's Teardown are such skills that break an Ice Wall from what we've seen so far x)
I feel like I need to clarify a couple things. Ice Pike is actually Ice Spike (transliteration error).
I didn't know what changed from CBT1 to CBT2, so I am shocked at the nerf Ice Blast got. It used to have no charges or cooldown and froze enemies instead of breaking the ice. It went from being overpowered to almost useless.

So, besides those things, I love what you put up here. I didn't know details about Gust and Subzero Shield (those short cooldowns! Big Grin). I'm still not impressed with Snow Rolling. It sounds strong only in some situations, and completely deviates stylistically from the other skills. I hope Tree of Ice returns.

Oh, and there will probably be lots of changes still, so don't burn yourself out updating guides.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
Aww maaaan they nerf the Ice Blast that much?? Now the Freeze state gone after one blast, and now there are cooldown... Do they want to make that Pyro = damage and Cryo = cc? Because as I see it now, Cryo could only be useful by set everything frozen and let others kill them. Dunno if the nerf down the Ice Wall + Psychic Pressure combo yet tho...
[Image: Io%20Otonashi.jpg]