We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The fun side, and members behavior
Rainbow 
I'm making this post to share many thoughts I've been saving, and to announce my new position as general moderator towards members behavior.

Tree of Savior Game had a long time being a really small community, where the game discussions ceased once the beta was over, and then a lot of forum games and just for fun threads were made for sake of keeping this community alive and meet all this awesome people that probably share so many interests with you that you are not even aware of.

By the time before I was a moderator, Schepter and Andronicus were very concerned about the fun stuff since the staff is always trying to encourage serious discussion. But after a while the community manifested how much the members were enjoying that stuff and we came to make our deal about that.

Popoblue  I've enjoyed to read many times from new users how surprised they were upon receiving warm welcomes and see that this community is very active when it's main purpose is to follow a game that is not out yet.

But, after CBT2 the forum has changed. I'm happy because many questions about the game, and discussions about mechanics have grown, there are new users very interested about that, but there is the predominant (fun side master race) background of our older days, where we (the old members) used to joke everywhere without problem and now there are new members that get that kind of stuff too serious, may be because they are new, or lack of knowledge about memes, or come from other communities that are not so close as we have been trying to be. 

There is no need to be intense on internet forums, specially if the discussion is based around preferences or points of view. On a forum you don't try to convince people, you only do contributions, expose subjects, and share your thoughts or worries about any theme that comes up.

Angry  Past week I got surprised by two things
  1. The first time I received a message complaining from other member behavior. I really understand the reasons from the one that send me the message. I didn't want to take mod actions like sending a mod message to the accused member so he turns down the way he thinks. Instead I decided to bring comedy to that thread as member and it actually worked since everyone stopped to argue and just continued the comedy until the thread went back to the normal plan of  just share ideas.
    AndronicusTreat Hostiles with LoveLet me get this straight, you shall not start a flame war in this forum. But if you see one coming, consider treating it with respect and love. We won't know what he/she is facing daily, but we can make his/her day feel better.
  2. The first time I read the word "hate" about a small problem. I don't know about you guys, but I'm very careful with that word. All small problems can be solved inside a private message, even those regarding moderator behaviors.
    AndronicusRespect the Moderators/StaffsThey are there to make things simple, help them help you sort things out.
That said, lets make emphasis on rule 8th from our Forum Etiquette since I feel is not being taken upon consideration:

(09-02-2014, 02:37 AM)Andronicus Wrote: Be Friendly
Remember we are on the internet, we can only see texts, people come from various background and ages. Be positive and treat all replies as a positive feedback.  Angel 

So, from today I'll very strict with every rude action that is around. That goes for mean jokes out of the context, and posts with flame patterns.
- I will start sending PM to people
- I will erase all posts that comes with a bad behavior.
- I will erase all posts quoting those and lock the threads if necessary.

(09-02-2014, 02:37 AM)Andronicus Wrote: Moderation Rights
Comment and Signature Edits
Please be courteous with your comments and signatures. We reserve the right to edit anything you post in this forum if it does not comply with forum etiquette. With or without notice. 

The staff is open to feedback guyz, we are human too. Personally I've really enjoyed this community so far, and want it to stay clean of trouble. 
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group
Auuuughhh you sound far too adorable I need to hug you so hard now....

I wish I could make a comedy out of it like you.. But I'm just too scared the moderators would be mad because it may seem like I'm being disrespectful to the topic while everyone is being serious to the matter. Guess I'll leave it to you for that, since I'm in no place to make a comedy while the topic is heated ^^
[Image: Io%20Otonashi.jpg]
Well , i'm not only expecting , but i really believe that this community it's going to grow exponentially, and with that comes greater responsibility , more conflicts and much more good things too, but i do think that until now , even if i'm new here , i can see that you guys are doing a great job, and i wanna thank you for that, its great to see people gathering to learn and enjoy something..

well, thanks
Oh god...
Seeing your post actually wanna make me say

"Then everything changes when the CBT2 nation attacks"

Anyways I'll turn down the dirty jokes a bit.
I'm just an innocent narwhal anyways Popoblue

Uhh.. by narwhal i mean soda can

LINKING STUFFS IS FUN
[Image: bApOGXY.jpg]

Panta : 08/07/2015

Meh. I will keep being me, anyone who can't handle my lovely personality just send me a PM and I won't direct any comments at you, nothing of a bother really.
I will also ignore the dramatic replies so don't even bother to post, if you don't like my comments just report me and follow up with your life.

Just feel sad for those out there seeing the world in black and white, it must sucks (unless you can only see Pokémon Black and Pokémon White everywhere due to the addiction, in this case you are fine).
[Image: trainercard-Shiro.png]
SUN AND MOON HYPE!!!
There will always be toxic people in all communities, luckily I haven't seen any here yet :3 Hopefully we'll be that 1% without any toxic trolls.

And about that 'serious discussion' thing, I'll do my best to not sound like an idiot all the time Big Grin

I am an outlaw. I don't follow rules and I'm not against them either. [Image: face-devil-hi.png]

I haven't seen any flame war on this forum, though. Unless your point of view of flame war different than mine. o_O

A rule is put out to help us avoid getting off-track, for the greater good even we don't like it.
You're not allowed to eat during class, but having chewing gum is fine. Because the point of that rule is to keep you focus on studying.

My point is, strict is good, but don't be too much strict to take away freedom, as long as it doesn't defy the goal in anyway.

(05-11-2015, 05:41 PM)Panta Wrote: Anyways I'll turn down the dirty jokes a bit.
I'm just an innocent narwhal anyways  Popoblue

Uhh.. by narwhal i mean soda can
Why can't you be both, a Narwhale made of Soda Can?
I guess this had to happen eventually, sad it came so soon.
I love your intention, Oriceles, but I'm annoyed there is even a need for this.  I get annoyed when someone tells me I'm not nice or friendly enough, because even though >90% of the time it's the only practical attitude, sometimes sharpness or bluntness is more helpful.  
My policy is to build up people and things, and stay out of people's way when I have nothing to contribute to further that policy.  I always try to condense my words and trim off excess space in my posts, usually previewing before sending out my final product, sometimes even double/triple/whatever-checking myself to make sure no one can misunderstand me.  Right now I am very carefully editing and constructing (yes, constructing) my words to say exactly what I mean.

Hopefully I don't have to say any more about that.  I have a question.

(05-11-2015, 04:46 PM)Oriceles Wrote: So, from today I'll very strict with every rude action that is around. That goes for mean jokes out of the context, and posts with flame patterns.
Did you arrange these by order of infraction severity, or by a step-by-step warning system?  I'd like a warning before anything I write is deleted, I might die of shame if anything I write is deleted for bad behavior. Cry
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
(05-11-2015, 07:42 PM)SteelCrow Wrote: I guess this had to happen eventually, sad it came so soon.
I love your intention, Oriceles, but I'm annoyed there is even a need for this.  I get annoyed when someone tells me I'm not nice or friendly enough, because even though >90% of the time it's the only practical attitude, sometimes sharpness or bluntness is more helpful.  
My policy is to build up people and things, and stay out of people's way when I have nothing to contribute to further that policy.  I always try to condense my words and trim off excess space in my posts, usually previewing before sending out my final product, sometimes even double/triple/whatever-checking myself to make sure no one can misunderstand me.  Right now I am very carefully editing and constructing (yes, constructing) my words to say exactly what I mean.

Hopefully I don't have to say any more about that.  I have a question.

(05-11-2015, 04:46 PM)Oriceles Wrote: So, from today I'll very strict with every rude action that is around. That goes for mean jokes out of the context, and posts with flame patterns.
Did you arrange these by order of infraction severity, or by a step-by-step warning system?  I'd like a warning before anything I write is deleted, I might die of shame if anything I write is deleted for bad behavior. Cry

We each have our own ways of moderating but we now prefer to let the person know before we do any edits or deletes.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.

Vibration is the core of Law of Attraction
It does suck that this has to be done over sensitivity, especially since its common knowledge at this point that the internet can be a crazy place full of trolls, and ridiculous people, just the same as it can be a beautiful place where strong friendships, and hilarious memes and things happen. No point getting upset over minor things, from people that you arent forced to interact with if you so choose not to, but I guess I just see things differently, and cant understand the issue some people have with it. Oh well >.>

I personally really enjoy everyone here, and enjoy all the topics that pop up with all the different viewpoints and thoughts about this game, and hopefully this community can continue to thrive, even well after release of ToS.
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because thats where you'll find the things more important than what you want."-Ging Freecss