We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compiled list of suggestions
Lightbulb 
Hellooo~

Here I am again, with new suggestions! These forums are still new and well done, but there is still some room for improvement. :3
I understand if some or none can be implemented, just wanted to leave suggestions anyway, hoping it's possible sometime in the future.

Some stuff I think would be useful/improving:

・ HTML buttons in "Quick Reply"
Would be good to have some basic HTML buttons on the quick reply box, like [img] [url= etc.<br />This is also my highest suggestion, because it's very useful! Example on what to add:<br /><strong>B</strong> <em>I</em> <u>U</u> <s>S</s> [img] <a href=]etc.
This is also my highest suggestion, because it's very useful! Example on what to add:
B I U S [img] [/url][url= (and some more basic stuff)<br /> <br /><strong>・ Name change thread </strong><br />If the staff have time, why not set up a name change thread? With simple rules to avoid too many request/request spam from the same users.<br />Such as (for example)](and some more basic stuff)

・ Name change thread
If the staff have time, why not set up a name change thread? With simple rules to avoid too many request/request spam from the same users.
Such as (for example) "You can only change your username once every 3rd month" and "Your requested username can NOT be already in use"

・ Larger forum avatar size and dimensions
As [/url]suggested before here (just putting it on the list to clean up)

・ Improved profile customisations (as suggested by alpha_sinister here)
More so, would love to see more options we can use. Such as adding some fields we can fill out that will let other users get to know us better.
We already have "Additional Contact Information" but who even uses ICQ/AIM anymore?

ー Replace "sex" with "Gender". I know it means gender, but it just seems more appropriate. lol
ー Replace ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/Google ID with popular social media (like Twitter, Last.fm, Steam, 3DS Friend Code, Interests/Hobbies, fav games, etc).
ー Make reputation messages hidden from other members (seems more "safe" if people want to leave a negative rep, or leave a positive secret love confession through reputation (you never know!)).

I'm also all for a VM (visitor message system) so it's easier to talk to users in a more "private" setting. It helps getting too much off-topic from the forums and lets users be able to talk in a relaxed way without feeling weird about random PMs. It's much easier to leave random messages on ones profile too. I don't think it will be an issue with decreased forum activity (people sometimes worry that VM systems will take away conversations from actual threads), because we still have a lot of info to talk about and people just need a place to go even more off-topic. It's also MUCH easier to make friends if you can leave them a public message, like "Nice avatar!" etc.

Misc:
・ Wiki Moderators
Those users who provide good Wiki edits and articles should be rewarded, in my opinion. I think anyone can add things, but perhaps put together a small team that will make sure the Wiki stays in order? Proofreading, editing checking and so on.

・ Mention/Quote Notification
This one sounds a bit hard to implement.. but it honestly would be great having an option to be notified whenever someone mentions or quotes your user name. I always search the forums for my username to find replies, but sometimes I miss them, and others probably do too!

I'll probably bump my own thread if I come up with new stuff.. unless the moderators think I should make a new thread for each request. 
I second these suggestions, especially the first one! I almost always just use the quick reply box here, and it's such a pain to have to type these code things every single time I want to add something to my post :3 We're all just lazy like that

・ HTML buttons in "Quick Reply"
I want that too, and need Andro gets free time to implement it

・ Name change thread
No need... you guys can always PM him for that, I'm sure that is posted somewhere. Also if yu specify the name you want someone can register the account with that name lol.

・ Larger forum avatar size and dimensions
Still pending reply from previous thread

・ Improved profile customisations
Yeah I agree with changing those fields. As customization per se that gets more complicated since it is related to the forum script, we are running MyBB, if you can find MyBB modules for doing that it would be great. IP Boards in the other hand has this already but them that license...

・ Wiki Moderators
I'm not in the wiki side of the force, but I agree I've received some complaints that some people haven't had the time to make further edits because of the lack of rights.

・ Mention/Quote Notification
Wow this one is a huge request, I actually think I haven't seen it on any forums I've been part before, but actually it would be great, may be we could request MyBB to create a module for it.

Oh and my personal one, is to add the Imgur Upload module, which allows the user to add images to the forum and being added to Imgur, so we don't have to leave the website, also all the photos we upload are going to be saved on the same database which would be nice to keep track in the future of all TOS related pics (by the time I think we won't post many memes and macros as we do now)
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group
There should be an advanced search feature like most forums have. Letting us specify by date and whatnot. Unless there is one and I can't find it.
We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood.
(05-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Chaosbelow Wrote: There should be an advanced search feature like most forums have. Letting us specify by date and whatnot. Unless there is one and I can't find it.
Google is your friend, use site:http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com/ + what you need, those advanced search like the ones IPboard offer are annoying and not really used so much.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
(05-08-2015, 11:59 AM)Oriceles Wrote:
(05-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Chaosbelow Wrote: There should be an advanced search feature like most forums have. Letting us specify by date and whatnot. Unless there is one and I can't find it.
Google is your friend, use site:http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com/ + what you need, those advanced search like the ones IPboard offer are annoying and not really used so much.

Oh okay.. And I use them a lot lol. At least the more useful parts like narrowing to show threads only, posts only, or searching in different sections. It could also help to prevent people from creating duplicate threads and search for information before creating a thread. Not everyone will do that but it might help a bit since not everyone knows how to use that feature in google. 
We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood.
The thing is that most frequent search are keyword based rather than date/author, IP Boards for example has the limitation that you must search one term and must have more than 3 characters and if you miss the search you have to wait from 30 seconds to one minute. After that I told myself to never use forum search engines again. But it is matter of preference I guess.
A lot of these features is planned for our next forum upgrade. All except for thread name change which can be a request to a moderator.

Vibration is the core of Law of Attraction
(05-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Schepter Wrote: A lot of these features is planned for our next forum upgrade. All except for thread name change which can be a request to a moderator.

Yaaaay, :3 excited for that then

(05-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Schepter Wrote: A lot of these features is planned for our next forum upgrade. All except for thread name change which can be a request to a moderator.

Glad to hear that! 
“The science of today is the technology of tomorrow.”
☆ Twitter ・ Last.fm ・ Steam ☆