We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Poll: Which reset method (stats/skill/class) would you prefer for ToS?
Restricted Reset: You have to spend a reasonable in-game currency to buy it or get it from Cash Shop.
Free reset!: Anytime, anywhere. Reset is just 1 click away.
Free for limited uses: per month, week, day, etc.
Quest-linked reset
Costs in-game money
No resets ever
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Poll] Skill/Stat Reset discussion
(06-09-2015, 08:11 PM)Valkyrie Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 07:13 PM)Terrell David Wrote: Now i'm a hardcore sadistic masochist because I don't put spoiler tags in my replies in an effort to terrorize the international ToS community... ok Valkyrie. You win, I give up. I'll use Sado as my primary name to let everyone know I am the sadistic villian of ToS.

Valkyrie: 1
Sado Noodle: 0

[Click to show. Click again to hide]

(06-09-2015, 05:00 PM)Valkyrie Wrote: Well, actually, Sadism and Masochism exists independent of BDSM, but anyways〜
Awe, well... What can I say? I'm the anti-heroine Tree of Savior needs, not the one it deserves ...[Image: gasai_yuno_by_r_ruri-d604fgu.png]

Oh, you're asking about what I personally would do if I made a significant mistake and IMC had not put in any method of fixing it? I'd submit a ticket and start working on a second character. I wouldn't delete the first just in-case they implement something later or respond in my favor to my ticket request, but it would just sort of sit there for a while. I would most certainly be annoyed by the situation and it would definitely take away from my overall enjoyment of the game, but I personally would not quit. That's just me though, as I have been waiting for this game for a number of years now and have what I would calla thick layer of tolerance.   ( ̄ヘ ̄メ)

I'm pretty sure there is no actual Chinese in any of the posts I have made thus far...  (´◠`)
This was one of the very same reasons I said in my reply to you about reasons I wouldn't quit if i couldn't reset but what evs. *Sado Noodles returns to lurking*

It's okay, I'm sure there will be plenty to do in-game that can satisfy such tendencies; as an anti-heroine, I may find myself at similar crossroads. The developers even mentioned that they consider it a part of the game when a player steals a boss spawn for a quest or such so there is plenty of mischief to be had.  (≖‿≖)

Yes, it was, and as I said to it, and what I nudged at in my post and what I will repeat here: it isn't about me, and it isn't about you. A choice to implement a tier-reset system does not revolve around any one individual. In which, even if it was revolved around me, I'd still want a tier-reset option (or more-so, a tier-preview system) to be implemented as I do not enjoy acute displeasure.

But anywho, it is about Tree of Savior as a whole. I am advocating features that would better the community and benefit the game en masse. A tier-reset option does no one any harm if it is implemented with all exploits avoided through its usage conditions being fine-tuned. It only supplies benefits to the game's community and thus the game itself. Anyone who opposes such an idea is not thinking about the greater good of the game, but of their self and their own agenda. Thus, why I will slay all such opposition in the name of great justice !! 

k
AFK formation because I'm lazy  Sleepy

All above = Wut o.o and yeah.. Cash shop reset like it has always been.
"It's the moment, the direst moment"
"The battle turns, Make the choice"
"Fight, shoot"
"Win"
(06-09-2015, 09:58 PM)FeroLuckless Wrote: All above = Wut o.o and yeah.. Cash shop reset like it has always been.

rundown is I'm a sado masochist because I might not use a tier reset to change my class if I don't like my current class, if the game ever gets tier resets that is.

And yea, cash shop reset like I been saying this whole time.

(06-10-2015, 05:59 AM)Terrell David Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 09:58 PM)FeroLuckless Wrote: All above = Wut o.o and yeah.. Cash shop reset like it has always been.

rundown is I'm a sado masochist because I might not use a tier reset to change my class if I don't like my current class, if the game ever gets tier resets that is.

*pats Terrel David*
Don't get yourself down by that succubus in a valkyrie cosplay enjoying sarcasm but getting a hard time by irony and hyperbole.

Both ways are right in its own way. One for passionate players and one for uncertain players.
Being able to adjust yourself to a new class you might not like has nothing to do with masochism it shows true skill and guts.
- When the pursuit for happiness ends
The pursuit for perfection starts -
(06-10-2015, 06:32 AM)El Manhu X Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 05:59 AM)Terrell David Wrote:

*pats Terrel David*
Don't get yourself down by that succubus in a valkyrie cosplay enjoying sarcasm but getting a hard time by irony and hyperbole.

Both ways are right in its own way. One for passionate players and one for uncertain players.
Being able to adjust yourself to a new class you might not like has nothing to do with masochism it shows true skill and guts.

I need to pm an admin to get my name changed to Sado Noodle. I understand now, I need to learn to embrace my inner sadism through a cute and age friendly game like ToS.

(06-10-2015, 06:32 AM)El Manhu X Wrote: ...by that succubus in a valkyrie cosplay...

Ellie, pls...
[Image: 795.png]
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
                    [Image: RZ2VYM]
IN game money. Not saying it needs to be cheap but still, I'm always agaisnt spending actual money on something so essential as a reset... It allows room for experimentation and tests and, more importantly, does not punish the newb player e for making poor choices of skills/talents.
In favor of free monthly-based reset with a secondary option to re-buy the reset after a period of 15 days at the cost of a sizeable amount of silver if people feel like they really screwed up or otherwise want to test variants of a certain build-type!

It is undoubtable that min/max metas will gain emphasis on end-game content. This has been the case with any game that exceeds basic build boundaries and brings manual statting to the table; allowing players a much higher flexibility in creating their builds at the cost of a higher chance of non-informed players eventually screwing up their own therefore proving almost obsolete to end-game content clearing.

By allowing players a free reset on a monthly basis I feel players might feel motivated and encouraged to reconsider the choices they have made upon instances wherein their DMG output / Support abilities / ST vs. AoE skill selection reflects poorly when compared to other players using their respectives classes or variants thereof.

The issue with a monthly-based reset system is that it gives little to no margin for build testing which is why I feel is fundamental players are given a secondary means of acquiring a reset; this time only available after 15-days have gone by since the date of their initial reset and at the cost of a sizeable amount of silver (Refer to Note Below). Such flexibility will prove entertaining to players as it'll give them more of a leeway in build-making/fine-tuning and contribute to the irradication of the "I'm stuck with a build I theoretically thought would work but turns out is too circumstancial or otherwise constrained" feeling that so often invades people in games.

Note: After thinking about the secondary option a tad more I realised that the "sizeable amount of silver" in itself could become an issue if given a set cost. Perhaps the development team could make it so the cost of said reset scales to the level of the player in accordance to how much in-game currency is attainable at Level X? We all know money making is far easier in high levels than it is in low-levels so it seems reasonable that a player at Lvl. 40 wouldn't have to pay the same a Lvl. 200 would!

That's my contribution!
Best regards,
- Dial
Restricted Reset: You have to spend a reasonable in-game currency to buy it or get it from Cash Shop.
(Tons of MMoRPG games use this feture)

Quest-linked reset/Beginner Box
(Must have for beginner like 80,160,200 quest/box)

Reasonable Event/Patch
(if there was a revamp on class or lvl gap is increase,ToS community really should give free Reset stat scroll/skill for all high leveled character)

Costs real cash
(well this will help the team for make extra money)

Free for limited uses: per month, week, day, etc.
(daily attendance like a month,not recommended)

Craft system
(You can craft the reset scroll using Super ultra rare materials(grind fest like RO) and then sell it at Trading Hall/Auction Hall for tons of money)

Im not a beta player so,idk whats the limit of max char so if the limit like 8-15 char i dont mind if this game is a "Restricted Reset" game
Ps~ Just some idea
[Image: fuc3gl.png]
Cant wait for the full game,We need thief class Have Some

Should cost ingame currency like iRO used to have!