We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Poll: Which reset method (stats/skill/class) would you prefer for ToS?
Restricted Reset: You have to spend a reasonable in-game currency to buy it or get it from Cash Shop.
Free reset!: Anytime, anywhere. Reset is just 1 click away.
Free for limited uses: per month, week, day, etc.
Quest-linked reset
Costs in-game money
No resets ever
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Poll] Skill/Stat Reset discussion
(04-29-2015, 05:54 PM)Dondex Calo Torralba Wrote: thats what you fear? to be unable to solo? if you put all your stats into vit and your skills are more on cc that means your more on party play far more than soloing. Why would you want to solo if thats the way you want it to be? cc is the best skill in pve wonder whats so inferior about that on party playin.

It's not only unable to solo, but all the other problems that would come through a leeching based game and no resets. A lot of these problems persist in RO, for instance.

I think every class should be able to solo and even tanks should be able to deal reasonable damage, enough to solo and contribute to fights especially. I really don't want tanks to end up being "CC/meat shields" only, and even if that is the case, I want to be able to build damage as a tank to solo then switch to that when I party.
Diablo 2 -> MapleStory -> Ragnarok Online -> FFXI -> La Tale -> Dragon Nest -> Diablo 3 -> Tree of Savior
İmageİmage

(04-29-2015, 07:12 PM)SOC Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 05:54 PM)Dondex Calo Torralba Wrote: thats what you fear? to be unable to solo? if you put all your stats into vit and your skills are more on cc that means your more on party play far more than soloing. Why would you want to solo if thats the way you want it to be? cc is the best skill in pve wonder whats so inferior about that on party playin.

It's not only unable to solo, but all the other problems that would come through a leeching based game and no resets. A lot of these problems persist in RO, for instance.

I think every class should be able to solo and even tanks should be able to deal reasonable damage, enough to solo and contribute to fights especially. I really don't want tanks to end up being "CC/meat shields" only, and even if that is the case, I want to be able to build damage as a tank to solo then switch to that when I party.

Yeah, but that's the reason why you can choose 1 tanky circle and 1 dps circle. > _ > " That way you can solo most boss fights and still be useful for raids. The most important requirements for raids tend to be gear and coordination anyway... Furthermore, your class role is determined more by your class choice rather than stats. You can invest in str all you want as a tank, but your dps is still going to pale in comparison to an actual dps class. At least, that's my prediction.  Sleepy For instance, if you really want to be optimal, just have a full pyro party with 1-2 dedicated priests for rezzing... but that'd be boring.
(04-29-2015, 07:24 PM)holmwood Wrote: Yeah, but that's the reason why you can choose 1 tanky circle and 1 dps circle. > _ > " That way you can solo most boss fights and still be useful for raids. The most important requirements for raids tend to be gear and coordination anyway... Furthermore, your class role is determined more by your class choice rather than stats. You can invest in str all you want as a tank, but your dps is still going to pale in comparison to an actual dps class. At least, that's my prediction.  Sleepy For instance, if you really want to be optimal, just have a full pyro party with 1-2 dedicated priests for rezzing... but that'd be boring.

But you're only looking at the current state of the game and not in the long run where you can't afford to get a DPS circle because by choosing that DPS circle, you're missing out on a further tanky circle which will make you useless later since that DPS you picked up will be completely negligible since it'll be doing like 200 damage while the enemies have billions of HP.
Diablo 2 -> MapleStory -> Ragnarok Online -> FFXI -> La Tale -> Dragon Nest -> Diablo 3 -> Tree of Savior
İmageİmage

(04-29-2015, 08:05 PM)SOC Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 07:24 PM)holmwood Wrote: Yeah, but that's the reason why you can choose 1 tanky circle and 1 dps circle. > _ > " That way you can solo most boss fights and still be useful for raids. The most important requirements for raids tend to be gear and coordination anyway... Furthermore, your class role is determined more by your class choice rather than stats. You can invest in str all you want as a tank, but your dps is still going to pale in comparison to an actual dps class. At least, that's my prediction.  Sleepy For instance, if you really want to be optimal, just have a full pyro party with 1-2 dedicated priests for rezzing... but that'd be boring.

But you're only looking at the current state of the game and not in the long run where you can't afford to get a DPS circle because by choosing that DPS circle, you're missing out on a further tanky circle which will make you useless later since that DPS you picked up will be completely negligible since it'll be doing like 200 damage while the enemies have billions of HP.
I think you're worrying too much. In that instance, not even that extra tanky circle is going to make a difference. The enemies will do so much damage that it'll obliterate you. And people are obviously going to complain about the difficulty, and the devs will nerf the enemies. I haven't seen one game where the devs didn't nerf a near impossible enemy.
(04-29-2015, 07:12 PM)SOC Wrote: I think every class should be able to solo and even tanks should be able to deal reasonable damage, enough to solo and contribute to fights especially. I really don't want tanks to end up being "CC/meat shields" only, and even if that is the case, I want to be able to build damage as a tank to solo then switch to that when I party.

That is just the OPness of reset anytime.. If you want to make a character with pure tank then you should stick to that and if you want to make a character that can damage while tanking then do it and stick to that, if you can be any type at any time and that's just op which makes the game easy. If your on a Tanky build tbat can also damage enemies while tanking then stick to it and beat the game using that.
The want of one affects others.
- Dondex
If you wanna be excellent at something, you have to sacrifice. Allow players to freely reset stats and skills every months is just ridiculous and make the game less fun to play since people quickly found out best builds and copy them.

Skills and stats reset will become cash items (most likely), it is great stuff to keep players support for IMC. If we have free skills and stats reset then they should be available at some certain levels.

ToS have easy gameplay and lot of quests to help support characters lvl easier, you just have to calculate between damage and utilities. This game is fun to play with party, so don't be shy to invite someone, it is the meaning of open-world.
(04-30-2015, 02:21 AM)Dondex Calo Torralba Wrote: That is just the OPness of reset anytime.. If you want to make a character with pure tank then you should stick to that and if you want to make a character that can damage while tanking then do it and stick to that, if you can be any type at any time and that's just op which makes the game easy. If your on a Tanky build tbat can also damage enemies while tanking then stick to it and beat the game using that.
How is that OP? Why should you have to stick to that build? How is it OP and how does it make the game too easy? It's not time efficient at all, it's a waste of time and isn't healthy for the game having to play like that.

(04-30-2015, 02:57 AM)minigod123 Wrote: If you wanna be excellent at something, you have to sacrifice. Allow players to freely reset stats and skills every months is just ridiculous and make the game less fun to play since people quickly found out best builds and copy them.

Skills and stats reset will become cash items (most likely), it is great stuff to keep players support for IMC. If we have free skills and stats reset then they should be available at some certain levels.

ToS have easy gameplay and lot of quests to help support characters lvl easier, you just have to calculate between damage and utilities. This game is fun to play with party, so don't be shy to invite someone, it is the meaning of open-world.
If you want to be excellent at something, you have to sacrifice your time by leveling up and picking the classes/circles you want. It's not a sacrifice to be locked into your skill choices, it's just bad game design. People are going to find the best builds and copy them no matter if there are resets, free or not. They will remake their character to whatever that patch's best meta is and build the best way they find online and copy it. Next patch they'll do it again for that patch's meta. Resets just make it so you don't have to start all over when meta shifts (unless you need to pick new classes/circles), new content requires new builds, or builds get nerfed/buffed.

You and I both know imcGames is going to get more than enough money from simply selling cosmetics in this kind of game where we're all extremely attached to our characters visually by the amazing sprites. There won't need to be cash shop resets for them to make money. I'm fine for them being available at certain levels (though I still don't understand why that's necessary), as long as they're not limited uses.

We won't know if ToS will continue to have easy gameplay as the game is further developed, especially late/end game. Calculating between damage and utilities is great, but why should we feel locked into it when we need different tools for different environments? What if the enemy type for this dungeon is immune to sleep or stone curse or knock down or whatever else the endless possibilities could be? Since you're already locked by picking pyromancer or cryomancer and having only access to those particular elements in those circles, a reset isn't going to hurt anything.

I want to make it clear that my idea skill/stat resets do not allow you to re-pick your class/circle choices, only your stats/skills that you have access to.
İmageİmage

Mods~~
please move this discussion to another thread (just name it Skill/Stat Reset discussion or something)
At this point its like SOC fighting against an army, lol
i'll just post my opinion when the discussion are moved Big Grin
I give up. This is a matter of giving out opinion, and not who's wrong and who's right xD there will be no end to this.
[Image: Io%20Otonashi.jpg]
Question 
I created this thread upon request to keep the discussion here and not hijack/going off-topic on [TOS CBT2 Preview Video] thread. Please keep the discussion in this topic, thank you.
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group