We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about the avatar size
Hello!

Really happy I found this forum. I've been sticking to the ToS Reddit but I always preferred forums for gaming communities.
I really like the forums so far. The only thing I would like to ask about, is the avatar size.

Can we please get larger avatar privileges (dimensions)?

To me, and probably many other users, having an avatar of a decent size is important. Not only does it look better in a larger size, but a looot of users tend to "associate" other members by their avatars. This makes having a good avatar size feel much, much better! Our avatars is like our "face" on the forums too.

Not only is the avatar dimensions very small, but the file size is extremely low.
This causes most avatars to be super pixelated and they do not look good at all.

I know some don't care, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of us do care.
I'm not expecting a huge avatar size like 200x200, but ideally, a great avatar size is 150x150.
If it's not possible to increase the dimensions, can you at least increase the file size so our avatars won't be all pixelated?
25 KB is very, very low. Even for 100x100p.

Thanks for reading/replying/considering, and much love~
“The science of today is the technology of tomorrow.”
☆ Twitter ・ Last.fm ・ Steam ☆

You can have a larger avatar on kb size if you use Gravatar or port your avatar from a hosted URL. Mine is actually 48kb~ hosting it on imgur. I guess the 25kb restriction is to save space on the hosting.

As for bigger display of it 150x150 could be viable in our current layour. Personally I really like vertical avatars 100x150, they are really funny but it is just an additional touch for customization.
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group
The thing about Gravatar, is that the uploaded images there are sized to 120x120, and then downsized to 100x100 while used on these forums. The best way to go right now is to upload the avatars as 120x120.. but either way, the quality is still bad. :<

I agree with you, vertical avatars are superb! My dream size would be like 150x200, but I'm not really expecting anything. I think 100x150 sounds good but 100 is still very small. It's sometimes difficult to resize certain art without everything going haywire and become all choppy. That's the main reason I really dislike tiny avatars.

If I could suggest, I would go with 150x150 or even as high as 150x200. I don't really see a loss with it, if the forums are hosted externally. Besides, most game/anime forums do use 150x150, or even larger (vertically). It's nice keeping up with other places and not having users constantly feel restricted with such a small avatar. :3
“The science of today is the technology of tomorrow.”
☆ Twitter ・ Last.fm ・ Steam ☆

I agree with this! Higher resolution is always a lot better.
Well, since this topic was brought to life, might as well join in.
I'm all for larger avatars, if they don't break the visuals or take much space. I do like the vertical avatars, it gives that portrait feel that really identifies someone, so, if possible, I would love a 100x150 max limit, like Oriceles suggested.

A forum that I usually go to has a 130x180 limit that actually works quite nice, you have enough space to make any picture shine. Here's an example of an avatar I use there:
[Click to show. Click again to hide]

And since we're talking about avatars, if it would be possible to not have that forced white border, that would be awesome.
It's just taking avatar space, in my opinion.
I think 100x100 is totally fine.
The option of 200x200 or 250x250 could maybe also work, but I think on a Board like this that wouldn't look too good.
My avatar looks a bit screwed up cause I downsized it 90%
Tahoka always dreamed of travelling around the world
She would stare out of her window longingly for hours everyday
Thinking what an exciting world it was out there
Little did she know, she was a Relevator, and the Savior.
(08-02-2015, 01:33 AM)Squeezel Wrote: I think 100x100 is totally fine.
The option of 200x200 or 250x250 could maybe also work, but I think on a Board like this that wouldn't look too good.

I agree, but 150x150 would even better, 100x100 is "really" outdated, cause everyone want a hd picture, and if you host it on a external host ( gravatar, youre own webspace etc. ) it should not even increase the loadtime of the site

max 30-50kb should be enough, if someone got a bigger picture you can "minimize" the KB on a site called "TinyPNG" it "CAN" change some colors but only if you look for it, from 100kb you get a 20kb picture which is awesome
(08-07-2015, 06:46 AM)Devidra Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 01:33 AM)Squeezel Wrote: I think 100x100 is totally fine.

I agree, but 150x150 would even better, 100x100 is "really" outdated, cause everyone want a hd picture, and if you host it on a external host ( gravatar, youre own webspace etc. ) it should not even increase the loadtime of the site

max 30-50kb should be enough, if someone got a bigger picture you can "minimize" the KB on a site called "TinyPNG" it "CAN" change some colors but only if you look for it, from 100kb you get a 20kb picture which is awesome

Well, i agree 150x150 is more better than 100x100. And i don't like to use gravatar(i use only in my job).  Panic 
Much like others, I agree that the avatar size needs to be considered!

150x180 seems a fairly sized avatar option allowing for both square and portrait type avatars. In regards to the file dimensions, maybe they could make it so if the avatar exceeds a certain KB limit people are informed of URL-hosting being available? This would give people the liberty of either uploading their avatar (if its within the KB limits) or otherwise host the images outside of the server and link them up.

- Dial