We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old stuff, though please feel free to create something new :)
It might hit when the game is available as open beta and we get the guild system implemented as well, but since I don't know how many months that will take, I have sent you a private message (: Thank you for showing interest by the way \õ/
(10-29-2015, 10:13 AM)Oragura Wrote: It might hit when the game is available as open beta and we get the guild system implemented as well, but since I don't know how many months that will take, I have sent you a private message (: Thank you for showing interest by the way \õ/

When i asked if new forum software will have guild function, they told me, "sssshhhhhhh"
Tahoka always dreamed of travelling around the world
She would stare out of her window longingly for hours everyday
Thinking what an exciting world it was out there
Little did she know, she was a Relevator, and the Savior.
x3

Edit: Please be aware that the information inside this spoiler is outdated:[Click to show. Click again to hide]
(10-27-2015, 06:36 PM)Angelic Wrote: [...] The Spellsword build, at what ratios would you invest in Spr:Int:Str? Since it seems you need all of them. Or perhaps it's more about which direction you want to lean to?
Looks like we get to go all directions at the same time thanks to Life Line.

This:
(10-24-2015, 06:34 PM)Oragura Wrote: The Legendary Sunlight Spellsword

Always keeps a beacon lit for passing travelers: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/pmtcp39ist/

INT boosts Zaibas, Cure and Heal.

STR empowers melee strikes, Conviction, Conversion ("Might Enhance" attribute) and Smite (which consumes a lot of SP and has a very short cooldown, thus why it's low level).

SPR allows all skills to be cast more often by providing the character with increased SP regeneration. Deprotected Zone, Zalciai and Turn Undead (when its "Spirit" attribute is enabled) are also positively influenced by it.

Even though Safety Zone, Daino, Divine Stigma, Resist Elements and Barrier's effects do not appear to scale with any specific stat at the moment, they were included in the build so that the character may have the ability to provide quality support for others, and for themselves as well, when necessary.

Please do notice that some skills got to Level 3 as that was a requirement for unlocking some useful attributes :3

The Legendary Sunlight Spellsword might team up with Codename P.L.A.N.T. and the Mackangdal looper trio (mentioned at the beginning of this post) in order to achieve quality grinding as an all Cleric party. Too bad that Codename S.H.O.P. can't be included as the usual party members' limit is five and the usefulness of S.H.O.P.'s amazing SPR scaling buffs is kept in mind... Well, only if the 50% cooldown reduction effect is not available! Otherwise S.H.O.P. may sustain their own buffs and the Mackangdal trio becomes a duo!

With this: "Going full STR and partying with these guys would also consist of a viable option and perhaps a full DEX Pirate Leader would join the fun as well? Gotta remember that Zaibas is a Lightning spell afterall ;3"

Mind that Turn Undead won't be as useful in a party, so consider distributing those skill points to either Smite or Conversion as you see fit (would advise something like this though).

Perhaps a specialized character would be better for the party: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/yw91xw0ue4/
(Click here for detailed version)[Click to show. Click again to hide]
Figured that it would be less stressful and more time efficient to wait for the developers to decide how each player skill will behave/function before planning further party configurations. Current guild creation in game seems to be dependant on silver at the moment, so the founder would need to gather a whole bunch of it before going on with the process and, the way the game is set up right now, it is possible to imagine grinding bots and guilds being sold/rented fairly frequently. An environment I'd be discontent to be part of. Hope you guys understand, if botting were allowed like in Granado Espada (have not played the game, but basic mechanics are said to work just like bots, botting being part of gameplay -if everyone's botting, what's the problem?- Think that that thought might have -at least in a subcounscious level- occurred to Hakkyu Kim while he created his dream game. "[...] IAHgames is making a great effort to stay true to the original version of the game designer Kim Hakkyu. It is his dream game after all."), it would be a different conversation because Tree of Savior's mechanics appear to potentially encourage players to actively search and find ways to bot as well as exploit some bugs while remaining unnoticed for as long as possible.

Only making a prediction based on present information: Tree of Savior's active players will probably learn and get into botting by playing the game. Is that necessarily bad in itself? Might consist of something different than what some of us (including myself) are used to, but who knows for sure if that knowledge will not have the potential to be useful later on? Furthermore what's the point of a guild system in which formal memberships are not easily available for everyone? (Might appear that there is a contradiction between the previous question and this post, but then we explore a resource related approach in this post). Is it to create rivalry? Out of every approach that could possibly reduce the amount of guilds in game, there are those unhealthy to players. Out of those, open Player versus Player, Player Killer systems favoring the most efficient slayers to organize guilds, have its implementation to arguably be one of the least desired to occur in some games (notice that there are supporters to this system and that, theoretically, everyone is free to play more than one game or game mode in their spare time if they so desire) and a resource based guild system (from my perspective) does not fall too short from the player killer one even though the resource system is already quite commonly utilized. (Personally understand that) Not every majority is the best. (Most are, but not every, and I unfortunately believe this to be the case that we're all having to deal with at our present time, together)

One effective way to demonstrate an idea is by executing it in practice. Simply put, everytime one perceives someone else's unusually great wealth or power, one should, please, urge them not to disclose exactly how they got where they are (one may, though, politely request suggestions regarding what one can do in order to get where they want to since, this way, honest replies are likely to emerge), because they either played the game a lot themselves, or made something/someone play a lot for them, or just straight off hacked/blackmailed their way into getting what they currently have in their account(s). It does not look very nice probability-wise (to me) and, can you really blame them if they did what probability suggests? Their actions and decisions can be interpreted as products of deeper concerns. What we can do about it is let others know of our thoughts, engage fruitful communication and jolly cooperation so that we may steadily shape reality into the way we would like it to be \õ/ I guess x3

Short version:

It might be a real pain to get the silver required to fuel functioning guilds and I'm not making party classes and skills' set up suggestions in the near future seen as the skills keep changing every now and then fairly frequently as of lately >__<

Wish they release an awesome game as soon as possible so that we can finally enjoy playing it together though! Popoblue
Posts #1, #315 and #316 have gone through updates! Suggest reading #1 and #316 before this one (:

Here is a summary of them:[Click to show. Click again to hide]
#1:
We aim to explore skill interactions! Everyone is part of the guild by the way and, since Tree of Savior's guild system currently appears to limit the number of members that can be in each guild at one given time, we do not have a fixed name, but some of us have felt inclined to refer to this guild by the name of "Tavern of Salads".

#316:
I will not make party classes and skills' set up suggestions in the near future because some of their mechanics appear to change quite regularly these past days :B

Was contemplating the creation of a menu for the tavern that would present/detail skill interactions with the help of images and videos examples so that everyone would be able to share a convenient access to the skill interaction knowledge and, perhaps, even create "tabs" for themselves (a sort of list regarding each player's favorite "dishes").

Rough unverified example:[Click to show. Click again to hide]
Rank 1
(rank number would be equal to the minimum amount of players required to prepare and serve the dish)

Fireworks

Description: Fire everywhere! Be careful!

(link/insert videos and images somewhere around here)

Ingredients:

Pyromancer Circle 1, 2 or 3: Fireball (as many as desired)

Linker Circle 1, 2 or 3: Joint Penalty

Psychokino Circle 1, 2 or 3: Psychic Pressure

Instructions:

Having the desired amount of Fireballs active on the field,

Connect the Fireballs with Joint Penalty,

Cast Psychic Pressure on one of the Fireballs and

Enjoy the Fireworks!

(Note: The distance between each one of the Fireballs will impact the Fireworks' presentation)

Don't know if the combo above works in practice though! That's why it is referred to as "unverified" at the moment x)
[Click to show. Click again to hide]
There could be one "unverified/suggestion" section and a "rough/suspicious" separate one as well (for when the combo/dish has been witnessed to work, but there is not a satisfactory amount of images and videos currently available in order to support the witness' claim).
I don't have much in the way of skill interactions, but playing Peltasta/Hoplite spear-wielding tank felt good to me.  Spears have a small range bonus, so I could sometimes kite the melee enemies with autoattacks (no bonus to skills Undecided ).  I didn't realize it until just now, so I can't confirm it, but the +10% block rate on LV5 Finestra should multiply with Peltasta's Shield Guard.

Swordsmen are too simple to have skill interactions.  Ew But I plan to spend more time on other base classes anyway.

I would love a counterattack skill for Hoplite.  Synchro Thrusting sounded like it should be, but I could never figure out how to "counter attack" with it.  I want "counter attack" clarified, or just trigger a brief wait period wherein the character counters the first attack that hits.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
The skill might synergize with Peltasta's guard stance. I'd personally try allowing something to hit, get blocked by the stance and then immediately perform Synchro Thrusting in order to see if the skill deals a bit more damage. Guess you're in the koren open beta test then eh? x3 Nice!

Wonder if Corsairs' Keel Hauling can be done while on a mount so that Cataphracts' Impale would pick a target up and then drop it wherever the player feels to be the best spot to do so lol Some party members' skills require precise positioning in order to achieve greater efficiency levels hehe
(12-24-2015, 12:01 PM)SteelCrow Wrote: I don't have much in the way of skill interactions, but playing Peltasta/Hoplite spear-wielding tank felt good to me.  Spears have a small range bonus, so I could sometimes kite the melee enemies with autoattacks (no bonus to skills Undecided ).  I didn't realize it until just now, so I can't confirm it, but the +10% block rate on LV5 Finestra should multiply with Peltasta's Shield Guard.

Swordsmen are too simple to have skill interactions.  Ew But I plan to spend more time on other base classes anyway.

I would love a counterattack skill for Hoplite.  Synchro Thrusting sounded like it should be, but I could never figure out how to "counter attack" with it.  I want "counter attack" clarified, or just trigger a brief wait period wherein the character counters the first attack that hits.
Don't worry, from my experience, swordsman actually is pretty complicated.
If you are going Hoplite, there are several good choices (tested builds) :
- Sword Pelt Hop Hop Hop Doppel (PvE oriented, 3 STR > 1 DEX, boss-killer)
- Sword Pelt Hop Hop Cata Cata (PvP oriented, 3 DEX > 2 STR)
- Sword Pelt Hop Hop Cors Cors (PvE-PvP, 3 DEX > 2 STR)

As for Hoplite's Synchro Thrusting, it is one of the worst skill from Hoplite. Sounds good in paper, but shit in practice.

@Oragura : https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3m7kf7/mounting_and_skill_compatibility/
You can use Keel Hauling while mounted, but you can't move while charging/using it.
Understood, thank you for sharing it ((:

And whoa Squire's Arrest skill would apparently have to be used only while unmounted (was imagining how would the gameplay unfold regarding a full Squire Arrest team able to bypass the cooldown of Arrest thanks to well organized casts in a sequence where a new one would be activated right after the previous Arrest's duration expires with as little delay as possible lol), but the problem resides in knowing which debuff level the skill actually is, since, according to syiliys on reddit: "impaler counts as a level 1 status and can be resisted/blocked by the following things: 1) spr, 2) dispeller scroll, 3) oracle prophecy (and plague doctor status prevention as well?)", which made me ponder if the same principle could be applied to other skills as well :// Guessing that it probably can and is, but I do not know exactly which ones at the moment >__<

Does every debuff/status (even buffs as well if they can be removed by some other skill) have a potency level assigned to them? Would there currently (or in the future) exist an effect of infinite potency that can not be avoided no matter what?
(12-24-2015, 01:04 PM)Oragura Wrote: The skill might synergize with Peltasta's guard stance. I'd personally try allowing something to hit, get blocked by the stance and then immediately perform Synchro Thrusting in order to see if the skill deals a bit more damage. Guess you're in the koren open beta test then eh? x3 Nice!
No, I'm not in the OB. I can't confirm it because iCBT2 ended. lol
I expect some kind of change, because it was totally unclear how to use the skill, if it even had any counterattack function at all. We shouldn't have to research every skill just to understand their basic functions.

Bit of trivia, in iCBT2, Thrust's animation or cast timer would reset when hitting bosses. I had a lot of SPR, so I had SP to burn.
Speaking of SP, I could sit down and stand back up in the middle of boss fights every ~10 seconds to restore chunks of SP to me. It almost seemed like an exploitable regen bug.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group