We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMC must be all like...
(03-22-2016, 07:22 AM)kest10 Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 02:43 PM)Tetzer Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 01:59 PM)ShiroOu Wrote: https://youtu.be/gI5qV-kvLeg?t=20m34s

But I must say I'm with Tetz in this one. There are many good reasons to offer early access for a game and IMC doesn't have any of them. They are just looking for something to make their content packages look way more attractive than they really are which is pretty low IMO.
Lmfao I love that salt video.

But yeah, I'd much prefer they simply stuck to open beta, and just had the cash shop implemented. They would've still been rolling in cash (most of it prolly from me), more than likely making way more revenue both short term and long term, while still being reasonable for consumers. I really hope this doesn't catch on, but at this point the precedent has already been set. Looking forward to seeing more mmos charging for partially 'open' betas <3.

Yeah, I don't see any point paying to play this game. I wouldn't. ToS is a great game but I just don't think P2P model works for this game. Black Desert and The Division is a different story though. I really like The Division and haven't gotten that far in Black Desert. I will def give ToS a try once it goes into open beta. Closed beta was fun. Tongue
It's....not p2p. It is free to play, but they are charging for early access into a 'open' beta. After a month, it will be F2play from that point onwards. It's the opposite for me though, neither of those games sparked any interest for me in the slightest (though BDs character creator is nice), and I wouldn't mind a buy2play model or even p2play, neither of those are an issue. I simply take issue with a early access paywall for a open beta.

I just hope the initial backlash doesn't deter people from trying the game once it does go f2play, as I really don't want to see this game die.
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because thats where you'll find the things more important than what you want."-Ging Freecss
I'm pretty sure they'll be making a huge killing if they went sub (and give full features) for like, a very small amount per month. With the amount of players they're going to earn a lot and not kill the game probably.

Or just freaking make premium accounts permanent instead of tokens.

Or just make lots of cosmetic stuff.
Tahoka always dreamed of travelling around the world
She would stare out of her window longingly for hours everyday
Thinking what an exciting world it was out there
Little did she know, she was a Relevator, and the Savior.
(03-22-2016, 11:21 AM)Melioetta Zyguard Wrote: I'm pretty sure they'll be making a huge killing if they went sub (and give full features) for like, a very small amount per month. With the amount of players they're going to earn a lot and not kill the game probably.

Or just freaking make premium accounts permanent instead of tokens.

Or just make lots of cosmetic stuff.

There are a ridiculous number of ways they could make beaucoup amounts of money, without going down the greed route that so many other devs go down. Dozens upon dozens of shining examples of great games, with great payment models. As it stands, atleast for me, Tree of Savior is a great game, and remains to be seen if its model will be great. Hoping it is, but eh.
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because thats where you'll find the things more important than what you want."-Ging Freecss
(03-22-2016, 10:52 AM)Tetzer Wrote: It's....not p2p. It is free to play, but they are charging for early access into a 'open' beta. After a month, it will be F2play from that point onwards. It's the opposite for me though, neither of those games sparked any interest for me in the slightest (though BDs character creator is nice), and I wouldn't mind a buy2play model or even p2play, neither of those are an issue. I simply take issue with a early access paywall for a open beta.

I just hope the initial backlash doesn't deter people from trying the game once it does go f2play, as I really don't want to see this game die.

I agree. We will see how the game is once they open it to the public. The Division is worth the money though. I also pay for Black Desert and Blade and Soul. I just haven't had any time to pay them yet because I have been on The Division a lot. That's the problem when you have so many great games coming out in 2016. I can't wait to play this game again though. I loved closed beta.