We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ToS Korea Grand Opening
Tree of Savior has officially launched in Korea.

With only 7 ranks introduced, a multitude of bugs that need to be fixed, balancing that needs to be considered, and a terrible cash shop, does this spell doom for Tree of Savior?

Stay tuned to find out.   

All jokes aside, I'm really disappointed with the premature release.  Angry

I have been waiting for this game for years, and do not mind wating a few more. I really hope this does not kill the game.  

I hope that IMC will be able to make ToS an better game in the years to come.

Maybe, just maybe, the international server will be more polished before it is released.

P.S. Another reason why I do not like the early release is simply because I do not have a PC powerful enough to play the game yet..... and was kinda hoping I saved enough cash by the time it is released. (Don't tell anyone I said that)   Onion Cry Sobbing
I'm also a bit concerned, but Korean server is handled by Nexon, while the international is handled by IMC themselves. I wish IMC don't implement the same absurd things (removal of trading, restricted market, etc) that are implemented in Korean server.
Yes, I am not sure how they can do this. IMC has had lots of success, but everyone knows the game has unsatisfactory levels of bugs, errors, imbalance, etc, as well as a brand new untested cash shop system. Opening the game up to monetization and staying in Open Beta for a while is a much better idea.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
(12-29-2015, 10:57 AM)Erokhi Wrote: I'm also a bit concerned, but Korean server is handled by Nexon, while the international is handled by IMC themselves. I wish IMC don't implement the same absurd things (removal of trading, restricted market, etc) that are implemented in Korean server.
This is true. However, I wonder how the success/failure of  the Korean server will affect IMC staff. Will they still be motivated to develop the game if it does poorly in Korea?

(12-29-2015, 04:00 PM)SteelCrow Wrote: Yes, I am not sure how they can do this.  IMC has had lots of success, but everyone knows the game has unsatisfactory levels of bugs, errors, imbalance, etc, as well as a brand new untested cash shop system.  Opening the game up to monetization and staying in Open Beta for a while is a much better idea.

I agree. Open beta with a cheap cash shop (since its still in beta) would be better.

Expensive EXP boosters, ludicrous prices on hairstyles, and the thing that scares me the most, is the VIP system that gives +3 movement speed, along with other usual bonuses. Extra character slots are fine, but to have an in-game battle advantage for VIPs does not bode well with me.

Despite all of these concerns, I believe that the gaming community is much smarter nowadays. They will not let gems such as this go to waste.
I want to add, to me it sometimes seems like IMC deliberately makes mistakes just to see what will happen. I've mostly just noticed minor experiments and unusual choices, some things I even approve of, like the various class features and the open iCBT2 registration, but it doesn't take any trial and error or experience in business to understand why any kind of launch right now is a terrible idea.

Maybe someone in the world thinks there isn't any difference anymore between open betas and launches. I understand MMORPG development simply carries on after launch, but at launch a game should at least have its gamebreaking exploits rooted out of it so people can play fairly.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
I think Nexon may be a bit forceful with its partners sometimes. They probably think that ToS is good enough the way it is to pay some of its development and marketing costs so they are releasing it, even though the game is clearly an unfinished product (I can't even classify ToS as playable in its current state, playing a MMO without a cohesive economy makes no sense).

Unfortunately the only thing that Nexon will ever care about is that this game already has a good enough of a fan base that will at least spend a few bucks right now in the hopes that the game will improve in the future.
Also we need to keep in mind that tests aren't free and Nexon probably reached the limit of their pre-release budget for ToS with that 2 months long beta.

Now for the international release I really hope IMC decide to take their time and start to actually fix their stuff before trying to get more feedback. Release this in 2017 if needed as long as there some improvements in the game, if I end up getting a 3rd CBT with the same bugs of the first one I may as well search for another MMO to play, because that already happened during CBT 2.
[Image: trainercard-Shiro.png]
SUN AND MOON HYPE!!!
Wait. So can we somehow play the Korean version if its fully released now? Panic
(01-31-2016, 07:30 PM)Mobaboy Wrote: Wait. So can we somehow play the Korean version if its fully released now?  Panic

You don't even need to ask if it's fully released yet lol. A simple google would already answer you. And also the fact that I have a thread at the right side of the page under "Latest Threads" explaining how to do so.

In case you still can't see it, http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com/thread-1806.html
Tahoka always dreamed of travelling around the world
She would stare out of her window longingly for hours everyday
Thinking what an exciting world it was out there
Little did she know, she was a Relevator, and the Savior.
(01-31-2016, 10:02 PM)Melioetta Zyguard Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 07:30 PM)Mobaboy Wrote: Wait. So can we somehow play the Korean version if its fully released now?  Panic

You don't even need to ask if it's fully released yet lol. A simple google would already answer you. And also the fact that I have a thread at the right side of the page under "Latest Threads" explaining how to do so.

In case you still can't see it, http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com/thread-1806.html

I have a Korean friend on the case. LOL