We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Int'l Website Re-Design Poll
So several people on this forum comment how the official forum is hard to read and work with and such.  Well the international website looks like it's planning to change up its front page layout.  They have 4 proposals available right now for us to vote on.  The announcement in the forums:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/website-re-design-poll/124855
Quote:Disclaimer: The proposals are still in the early stage and may differ from the final result. The poll is to understand and gain insight into our user’s preference.

I think it goes without saying that they've been needing this kind of thing.  Fansites like this one look more attractive and professional than the official website!  I know this doesn't necessarily change the forums at all, but I expect it'll have to follow with whatever design the front page uses.  With that in mind, is there one that will make the forums easier to read and work with?  Which one gets you the information you want the fastest?  Which one is most attractive? Has the best logos?  Which one has the most useful features and design?  I want to know what you think.

Personally, the fourth one interests me the most.  The bar on the left appears unobtrusive and utilitarian, helping me get to what I want quickly, while the whole general layout minimizes empty space.  A problem I predict is poor scaleablility.  Without empty space, the page has to shuffle around if I change to window size.  That might not be the case, though.  I only know what I see.

PS: If I'm not supposed to post threads in this subforum, then make a similar thread to replace it please.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
(12-11-2015, 11:47 AM)SteelCrow Wrote: Personally, the fourth one interests me the most.  The bar on the left appears unobtrusive and utilitarian, helping me get to what I want quickly, while the whole general layout minimizes empty space.  A problem I predict is poor scaleablility.  Without empty space, the page has to shuffle around if I change to window size.  That might not be the case, though.  I only know what I see.

I was going to say it. It seems very practical and easy to use. Also, the colors are very friendly, and in my opinion, they may describe the game's atmosphere pretty well. Because of this, I wasted some minutes trying to choose between 3 and 4.
About the size of the page. I think the first 2 layers will be the main ones, and the last 3 ones will be like "place your mouse here and they will slide to show the information", like RO2's site. I can't describe it another way...

FOR THE OFFICIAL SITE, I CHOOSE 4!! (Well... anything's better than the current design...)
Life without love is like a tree without blossoms...

The cruel truth...[Click to show. Click again to hide]
Oh thanks for the update.

Well compared with the current "design" of http://www.treeofsavior.com/ any of those options would be an improvement, but since the proposal is to pick one I will go with the first entry, just because there's more space for artwork in the background.

Yeah the layout in number 4 looks neat but I dont think it offers much space for eye candy.

PS: IMC could just grab one of Nexon's designers and ask him to come up with a site during a weekend. The Korean site for ToS was so cute.
[Image: trainercard-Shiro.png]
SUN AND MOON HYPE!!!
1st panel looks magical.Suits to be Fantasy,mmorpgs game websites.But it lack impact..like awesome.

I suggest second panel to be an ads website for gameplay,promote vid but using the 1st panel logo.

And the neat 4th panel can be use as News,update and registration,etc.If the panel theme using the 1st panel dark blue theme,it would be good.

[Edited]
[Image: fuc3gl.png]
Cant wait for the full game,We need thief class Have Some

(12-12-2015, 09:54 PM)Herez Wrote: 1st panel looks magical.Suits to be Fantasy,mmorpgs game websites.But it lack impact..like awesome.

I suggest second panel to be an ads website for gameplay,promote vid but using the 1st panel logo.

And the neat 4th panel can be use as News,update and registration,etc.If the panel theme using the 1st panel dark blue theme,it would be good.
I think their intent is to just choose one, but I do see how these are given from varying perspectives.  As someone already very familiar with this game, I don't need glamour or that first impression, but that could be important for capturing new audiences.  

I prefer utility and usability, and that means clean and clear presentation.  The fourth one needs improvements, but for my choices I look for potential, not what I see at the moment.

Edit: I thought the "Lorem ipsum dolor" etc. was Latin or something, but it's probably meaningless placeholder text.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
(12-15-2015, 03:27 PM)SteelCrow Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 09:54 PM)Herez Wrote: 1st panel looks magical.Suits to be Fantasy,mmorpgs game websites.But it lack impact..like awesome.

I think their intent is to just choose one, but I do see how these are given from varying perspectives.  As someone already very familiar with this game, I don't need glamour or that first impression, but that could be important for capturing new audiences.  

I prefer utility and usability, and that means clean and clear presentation.  The fourth one needs improvements, but for my choices I look for potential, not what I see at the moment.

Edit: I thought the "Lorem ipsum dolor" etc. was Latin or something, but it's probably meaningless placeholder text.

Yeah the 4th panel can be improve because the usage of white colour text make me wan to skip reading the text.
[Image: fuc3gl.png]
Cant wait for the full game,We need thief class Have Some

voted for #1
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group