We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future of TOS
Hi guys! So as the 2nd CBT is coming to a close, what do you think is next for TOS? What are your expectations? Hopes? Dreams for the game? Do you think it will live up to the hype? (or does it even have any "hype") Anything planned for when the game goes live?
I could have sworn i saw an identical thread name like that a few months before xD

Well I'm guessing they are kinda rushing the iCBTs to match the KCBT's pace maybe? Still I think a iOBT next would be too soon. They still need to translate the KOBT stuff to english and also the server load may cause more bugs in international server than the Korean server.

Well this game has met my expectations. First game since the very first Maple about 10 years ago.

And it does seem one of the most hyped games I've seen on the internet but none of my friends (of all the people I know actually) knows about this game o.0

When the game goes live, I suppose join a Guild? Play less (since it's released, no time limit) everyday so I can concentrate on my studies xD
Tahoka always dreamed of travelling around the world
She would stare out of her window longingly for hours everyday
Thinking what an exciting world it was out there
Little did she know, she was a Relevator, and the Savior.
I have yet to see a reliable monetization system. Until something is worked out, I'm concerned for ToS's life longterm. If IMC has no systems in place early on, they'll probably make a cash shop. Cash shops are okay if handled well, and damaging if handled poorly. I see cash shops as risky and not very innovative or effective.

Lately I've found it hard to judge whether I should ask to join parties. At the Royal Mausoleum area everyone seems spread out and doing various things; I can't tell if they're doing the same quests and such as me.

The AI is lacking in fluidity and responsiveness. The bosses are where this makes the biggest difference. Some bosses are easier/harder strictly because they move and respond slower/faster. Standing idle for any length of time looks bad to me, as well as needing to chase me to get in range to do anything. Quite often I've let the boss catch up to me just so it will stand still for its attack animation. At the same time, however, they needn't be attacking nonstop. I think what I really want is no sudden changes. Motion should be constant and readable, leading smoothly from one action to the next. But easier said than done, right?

I think things are going fine otherwise. I expect changes and reiterations on player skills and classes, so I won't bring them up. My hype has long simmered down to contemplative musing as I see things change and progress. I'm looking forward to guild activities and things we can do to break the pace as we quest and grind away, like PvP at various levels or some social things. The current pace of grind and leveling seems fine to me, but I at least want something to look forward to at the end of that road. Ideally, I want something compelling I can do at any level. Besides grind, quest, and explore maps.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
(12-02-2015, 07:03 PM)SteelCrow Wrote: Lately I've found it hard to judge whether I should ask to join parties. At the Royal Mausoleum area everyone seems spread out and doing various things; I can't tell if they're doing the same quests and such as me.

Completely agree on the party aspect. This could definitely use some help; there were places where I would have loved a grinding party--but how do you figure which one is a legitimate party? Some may be parties of friends doing the content, which is fine. But others are just created to have a catchy name and lots of times the name was totally superfluous or the default Party 1234. Definitely needs to be a notation on what the party's goal is and if it's a grinding/leveling party, have some sort of denotation that I know that I should join it.
[Image: U31dcDW.png]
ToS future in SEA is 100% safe haha the Hype is real.

Cash shop>appeal costume,Weap/sub Costume,Refining(faster+granted succes),some lucky/gamble box
[Image: fuc3gl.png]
Cant wait for the full game,We need thief class Have Some

(12-02-2015, 07:46 AM)Mikifune Wrote: Hi guys! So as the 2nd CBT is coming to a close, what do you think is next for TOS? What are your expectations? Hopes? Dreams for the game? Do you think it will live up to the hype? (or does it even have any "hype") Anything planned for when the game goes live?

I'm hoping for the following in the open beta:

- Decreased amounts of silver needed for general functions, such as learning class/skill attributes (OR) increased silver earned from quests and/or grinding
[This especially is important to me because upon advancing to Elementalist C1, my jaw dropped when learning one attribute took 10-14K Silver each level

- I heard that Cryomancer's Frost Pillar has no suction in pvp. I cannot confirm this since I did not get to test it myself but I do hope that is false information...or will at least be changed in someway

- Lowered cooldowns for certain Cryomancer skills 
[My biggest complaint is Ice Wall... Its duration is 15 seconds regardless of level with a cooldown of 65 seconds. As a support wizard, I wish that I could at least use this twice in one minute, especially since my other skills are usually on cooldown as well]

- A complete revamp/rehaul of equipment items
[I find that the level gap between gear/equipment in this game is unpleasantly surprising. Using a level 40 rod at level 74 does not quite sit right with me. Furthermore, I became extremely attached to low level equipment with amazing effects and was left feeling reluctant and underwhelmed when I changed to high level equipment for more damage and defense. Specific examples would be the Level 1 Shield called Meteor that had a chance to refund 500 or so HP to you for 5 seconds when hit and then again with the Level 40 Rod called the Ice Rod which increased all Cryomancer skills by one level. I was particularly fond of this rod because of my obsession with making Ice Wall are long as possible...however, even after upgrading this rod, I had to ditch it for higher level yet lackluster rods later in game]

- A dungeon queue system of sorts being added
Because none of our friends got into the CBT, it was mostly my Hubby and me duo-ing as much as the game as possible together. We only partied with others for dungeon  runs, which was fine...besides the fact that we had to wait around, megaphone, wait some more, scour the ends of the Earth, and wait even more to find party members to join us for dungeon runs. I think that almost everyone could benefit from a dungeon queue system where instead of having to find our own party members, the game would do it for us~ Of course, the queue system would have to be executed thoughtfully and take into account the character level differences between players in queue.

- Fill in those incomplete NPC dialogues... I love MMOs for their stories (the first time that I'm playing them at least). Part of my dies a little inside when an NPC is telling me about some epic Goddess tales and suddenly says "NO DATA"
with the current setup of guilds war I expect alot of Drama
[Image: sFtc7ND.png]
(12-08-2015, 10:37 PM)Aiko-chama Wrote: - A complete revamp/rehaul of equipment items
[I find that the level gap between gear/equipment in this game is unpleasantly surprising. Using a level 40 rod at level 74 does not quite sit right with me. Furthermore, I became extremely attached to low level equipment with amazing effects and was left feeling reluctant and underwhelmed when I changed to high level equipment for more damage and defense. Specific examples would be the Level 1 Shield called Meteor that had a chance to refund 500 or so HP to you for 5 seconds when hit and then again with the Level 40 Rod called the Ice Rod which increased all Cryomancer skills by one level. I was particularly fond of this rod because of my obsession with making Ice Wall are long as possible...however, even after upgrading this rod, I had to ditch it for higher level yet lackluster rods later in game]

- Fill in those incomplete NPC dialogues... I love MMOs for their stories (the first time that I'm playing them at least). Part of my dies a little inside when an NPC is telling me about some epic Goddess tales and suddenly says "NO DATA"

The level gap is according to the lowest character level possible for a class advancement. The level gaps are ok to me but the problem is the equipment stats and their effects itself. Like you said, there are equips with neat effects for skills but we have to ditch it for other higher star equips. Only exception are super super rare equips like Vubbe Fighter Gloves which has level 200 people using it despite being a level 15 gloves.I spent lots of money getting my level 40 equips to +8/9 only to find that a cheap non-upgraded level 75 weapon is so much better than mine. This makes upgrading weapons not THAT worth (unless we are having troubles) until we reach the highest level requirement.

And the NPC dialogues being fixed is kinda a mandatory thing hahahahaha. I'm skipping all the dialogues so when the game releases I won't find the story boring or any any spoilers anymore Smile
Tahoka always dreamed of travelling around the world
She would stare out of her window longingly for hours everyday
Thinking what an exciting world it was out there
Little did she know, she was a Relevator, and the Savior.
Well its already been days since the Beta has closed and im having withdrawal symptoms ;p Haha. But seriously, i share most of the sentiments of people that have replied to this thread especially about the Royal Moselaum part. Ive found parties either doing the same quest or just grinding. Its a good opportunity to make friends and learn more about the game but im also scared if its something legit. Ive honestly enjoyed the time ive invested to this game and i do hope that a live date comes out soon and most bugs being fixed like the quest dialogues, item descriptions having the "NO DATA" fixed, bugged NPC dialogues and hopefully a fix to the FPS as it crashes from 30 down to 2.96 at times (or probably its just my laptop ;p)

Hopefully when the game goes live i plan on being a solo player for the first parts but hopefully join a decent guild (im a full ROLE PLAYER in game so hopefully none are weirded out that i take it seriously) in the future.