We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PVE]Class Tier List by blueblue ver. 1.1
(08-09-2015, 08:12 AM)jochris Wrote: Hi BlueBlue, I personally think that PVE is still needed to be categorized into two types: grinding and boss-ing. Grinding needs classes with constant "1-kill" damage (unless you're a support class) and, as the opposite, when we are against a boss, cool long down (or small radius/AOE, or frustrating control) is no problem as long as it gives a considerable amount of damage. If you get what I mean lol

EDIT: therefore, in the end-game content/bossing, some classes in your rank C or D (take hunter and priest) might exceed the expectation. I understand that you are ranking based on the description that you put, but I'm afraid that some people will take it in the context of PVE as a whole, not in the early levelling context.

I did put bossing into consideration, although it is a very small part of the game atm.  Hunter is actually not a bad class. Rushdog is a useful skill and it has a short cooldown, but the AI makes hunter so much worse than it should.  I ranked it C, because it can solo but frustrating.  I think it fits right in.

(08-09-2015, 08:45 AM)Zilox Wrote: Eh does your list include monks with kamehameha :v? I'd put them on A at least, they have quite nice dmg also with their skill that has no cooldown( I think is bugged rnow). Double punch iirc.

Yes.  I treated like the monk like it still had long cool down for kamehameha.  I was a bit generous with ranking Monk.  It should be in D at circle 1.  
@blueblue
Spirit actually gives you block penetration, which I'd say is a combat stat, but I am yet to see how it works. I'm guessing there are mobs with shields later on, I didn't encounter them yet, though.

I'm guessing it will allow certain amount of damage to pass through the block.
Yo, try DUELYST, it's awesome!

Oh no, by all means, keep talking. I always yawn when I'm interested.
Can i ask of the reasoning of chronomancers? I thought they were good for party playing( While you just plainly say they suck xD)
(08-09-2015, 10:08 AM)Zilox Wrote: Can i ask of the reasoning of chronomancers? I thought they were good for party playing( While you just plainly say they suck xD)

I find it to be gimmick.  attack speed buff is somewhat useful, but the options are really limited.
blueblue did you level up by "normal" grinding or by actively and selectively hunting down blue monsters? I'm working on the theory that the Cataphract's Trot skill allows the character to be the fastest leveling character if it hunts down blue monsters in remote areas by changing channels whenever it doesn't find any even after running through the whole map!

Tried that on a Cleric and achieved rank 2 in around 42 minutes after creating the character.

(08-09-2015, 09:23 AM)Skygrinder Wrote: [...] Spirit actually gives you block penetration [...]
Wasn't Intelligence the stat responsible for that?
Nope, intelligence only gives you magic attack. Spirit gives Max SP, SP recovery rate, Block penetration and Magic defense. At least according to the description in-game.
Yo, try DUELYST, it's awesome!

Oh no, by all means, keep talking. I always yawn when I'm interested.
(08-09-2015, 10:40 AM)Oragura Wrote: blueblue did you level up by "normal" grinding or by actively and selectively hunting down blue monsters? I'm working on the theory that the Cataphract's Trot skill allows the character to be the fastest leveling character if it hunts down blue monsters in remote areas by changing channels whenever it doesn't find any even after running through the whole map!

Tried that on a Cleric and achieved rank 2 in around 42 minutes after creating the character.

(08-09-2015, 09:23 AM)Skygrinder Wrote: [...] Spirit actually gives you block penetration [...]

blue monster is not that common lol.
(08-09-2015, 10:52 AM)blueblue Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 10:40 AM)Oragura Wrote: blueblue did you level up by "normal" grinding or by actively and selectively hunting down blue monsters? I'm working on the theory that the Cataphract's Trot skill allows the character to be the fastest leveling character if it hunts down blue monsters in remote areas by changing channels whenever it doesn't find any even after running through the whole map!

Are you certain of this? I was leveling at a tenet garden spot, between yesterday and today me and my party killed around 12-15 blue mobs probs?(went from 30 to 42 in like 5 hours). Probably even more than 15
(08-09-2015, 11:33 AM)Zilox Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 10:52 AM)blueblue Wrote:

Are you certain of this? I was leveling at a tenet garden spot, between yesterday and today me and my party killed around 12-15 blue mobs probs?(went from 30 to 42 in like 5 hours). Probably even more than 15

i think you guys got extremely lucky.  if you do go blue hunter however, i'd go with Thaumaturge and Elementalist party.  Thaumaturge for the double exp and Elementalist for the meteor overkill.
Interesting, wish these classes were on different ranks though, so one character could be both! Hehe

By the way, managed to record and upload the early stages of Fa Rov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JM954VJKtg

Watching that video makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable every time lol