We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage?
Problem with that rogue is that it is a ranged class, it's a completely different feeling when you go and backstab someone with a dagger. Tongue
Yo, try DUELYST, it's awesome!

Oh no, by all means, keep talking. I always yawn when I'm interested.
(08-05-2015, 02:16 PM)Kadamode Wrote: (...) Seeing how ToS is from the makers of RO (...)

NOPE NOPE NOPE. THIS IS NOT GRAVITY, and having Kim Hakkyu and SounTEMP as part of the team doesn't make it "the makers". Like Karja has said many times, this game is more like Granado Espada but with a different approach and design. Even Hakkyu has compared this game with Arcturus rather than RO.
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group
Why do some people hate comparing ToS to RO? What does it matter anyway? Let RO Vets reminisce on the good old days. If that is the reason why they are into ToS, LET THEM BE! We don't want to push RO players away.
@Oriceles
It's what I keep telling people as well.

Art style (but honestly, ToS art style can make you think of many 2D rpgs) and isometric view is where the similarities between ToS and RO end, gameplay and battle system have a completely different pace compared to RO, I can tell that just by looking at gameplay videos.

@godaime
I simply don't like that comparison because I don't want the game to end up being called "bad ragnarok online clone" after some old RO player decides that he doesn't like ToS.

It's similar on the surface, but it's a completely different game.

You can't really stop them from calling it a "bad ragnarok online clone" if the time comes.

All I'm saying that "bursting their bubble" is not really helping anyone. It's starting to piss me off actually.
Heck most RO vets know that ToS only has the "feel" of RO and nothing else.
Well, you're pissed off by that, and we're pissed off because people are comparing it to RO.

So, let's find a middle ground. Stop comparing it to RO, and we'll stop complaining about you comparing it to RO. xd

Not trying to be a hardass or anything, but I don't want someone to put this game down and give horrible reviews/ratings, just because it didn't fulfill his RO2 fantasies.

Calm down guyz, I was more in to clearing the misunderstanding. Many people think that the team behind ToS is exactly the same that was behind RO and that they are doing their best to solve the fail that RO2 was or something. But yeah, we have to be more careful with comparing stuff in general, RO is a really old game, we can compare ToS to more recent stuff, specially from previous works of its developer.
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group
(08-06-2015, 10:49 PM)Skygrinder Wrote: Well, you're pissed off by that, and we're pissed off because people are comparing it to RO.

So, let's find a middle ground. Stop comparing it to RO, and we'll stop complaining about you comparing it to RO. xd

Not trying to be a hardass or anything, but I don't want someone to put this game down and give horrible reviews/ratings, just because it didn't fulfill his RO2 fantasies.

Your a little early on this one. This hasn't happened yet.  

The hostility on people that are comparing this to RO have been increasing. Whenever RO vets even mention anything about RO, We need to type a disclaimer that we know that this is NOT the spiritual successor to RO that the media have been claming it to be.
You owe it to this game to type that disclaimer, what other people say about the comparison is the least of your worries.

This game needs to be recognized as it's own thing, and not be associated with RO.

Now when I think about it, I'm going to be so pissed off when the game opens up, and global chat gets spammed with "Oh my god, this is so similar to RO", "Oh god, this reminds of x thing and y thing in RO", "Well, this x thing is similar to RO, but I think RO did it a bit better"...and so on.

Hopefully, there will be some ignore system.

Don't get me wrong, though, I have absolutely nothing against RO or RO players, I just don't like this kind of stuff in general.

RO community has ToS by the balls right now, with their silly expectations. Just let the game breathe, give it some space.

Whoa, guys. Please try to see where each other are coming from, I am a RO veteran myself. I was very excited when Project R1 was announced after being sorely disappointed in RO2. The truth is, when Project R1 was announced, it was not even on most gamers' radar. It was mostly the RO players that were excited, because they saw their dream came to life in a sense. Kim-sshi did completed RO and left once it was released, just like Wizet was MapleStory's creator but it is known as a Nexon game.

I am sure a lot of players will dream that it was like RO, but I don't think it is the game play they missed. I think it is the community, which is ironic because this sort of bantering is not uncommon. I feel even though they will start the game expect RO1 for its graphics, and UI, however, they will come to love the game for what it is. A unique experience, a different world all on its own, with the same people that they love, an some amazing new ones too!

I certainly have met some very lovely people here, and my adventure hadn't even started yet.

Let's go on an adventure together!
•❤•  Ritsuka 「 ℒℴѵℯ 」 Cute is my modus operandi. ☆— feeling 。◕ ‿ ◕。