We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SanQ's doodles
Your drawings aren't good.. They're SUPER GOOD. I love how your drawing gave me inspiration to draw better!! I envy your drawing skills SanQ!
They're super cute SanQ; keep at it !!    (ノ^∇^)
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
                    [Image: RZ2VYM]
One of my brothers is very good at drawing, but me not so much - I'd rather make music. So if I may say so, your characters have awesome proportions. You must have tons of practice drawing people. The Quarrel Shooter's shield and crossbow though, ... could be better.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
ToSG Discord Channel | ToSG Steam Group
(06-14-2015, 07:59 AM)SteelCrow Wrote: One of my brothers is very good at drawing, but me not so much - I'd rather make music.  So if I may say so, your characters have awesome proportions.  You must have tons of practice drawing people.  The Quarrel Shooter's shield and crossbow though, ... could be better.

Not to be buzzy, but could you please point out how they could be better? I double checked and nothing really pops out for me. It might help SanQ to know exactly what aspect of them could be improved; I know it would help me see what you are seeing if nothing else.  。(*^▽^*)ゞ
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
                    [Image: RZ2VYM]
(06-11-2015, 02:21 PM)SanQ Wrote:
the image[Click to show. Click again to hide]
(06-14-2015, 08:10 AM)Valkyrie Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 07:59 AM)SteelCrow Wrote: One of my brothers is very good at drawing, but me not so much - I'd rather make music.  So if I may say so, your characters have awesome proportions.  You must have tons of practice drawing people.  The Quarrel Shooter's shield and crossbow though, ... could be better.

Not to be buzzy, but could you please point out how they could be better? I double checked and nothing really pops out for me. It might help SanQ to know exactly what aspect of them could be improved; I know it would help me see what you are seeing if nothing else.  。(*^▽^*)ゞ
The shield in particular has some mismatched angles.  The way it's attached to her arm make it appear asymmetrical.  The leading edge looks much broader than the trailing edge.  If the angle on the top of the shield were more horizontally level it would match the attachments better.  The edge of the shield also appears beveled, which could be intentional.

As for the crossbow, I guess the mechanical design doesn't matter much since there have been so many variations of crossbows.  Oftentimes simpler is better.  It stands out compared to the Q.S. character since it's much less refined, but I'm not really bothered by that.

I asked my brother for his opinion.  He doesn't like how the feet were left out and the figure doesn't have a framework (this was drawn "outside in" rather than "inside out").  The image is balanced and stable, so there isn't much to improve on positioning.  Oh, and the flower should be at an angle.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is an international fansite and not the official international site.
(06-13-2015, 12:32 PM)Valkyrie Wrote: They're super cute SanQ; keep at it !!    (ノ^∇^)

Thanks ^^ Will do!

(06-14-2015, 09:31 AM)SteelCrow Wrote:
(06-11-2015, 02:21 PM)SanQ Wrote:
the image[Click to show. Click again to hide]
(06-14-2015, 08:10 AM)Valkyrie Wrote:

The shield in particular has some mismatched angles.  The way it's attached to her arm make it appear asymmetrical.  The leading edge looks much broader than the trailing edge.  If the angle on the top of the shield were more horizontally level it would match the attachments better.  The edge of the shield also appears beveled, which could be intentional.

As for the crossbow, I guess the mechanical design doesn't matter much since there have been so many variations of crossbows.  Oftentimes simpler is better.  It stands out compared to the Q.S. character since it's much less refined, but I'm not really bothered by that.

I asked my brother for his opinion.  He doesn't like how the feet were left out and the figure doesn't have a framework (this was drawn "outside in" rather than "inside out").  The image is balanced and stable, so there isn't much to improve on positioning.  Oh, and the flower should be at an angle.

That's alot to take in haha. Let me see.

The feet is left out because well.. that's the end of the paper I was drawing on. The top of the shield is supposed to have a curve to it. As for the crossbow, first time drawing a crossbow so yeah I know there's much to be desired QQ. BUT WHAT YOU SAY BOUT MY FLOWER!? jk, it's cool I agree, it makes more sense at an angle.

I mean I was drawing these with the intention for fun, not really for anything beyond (like painting, etc.) Usually the more serious stuff I do, I would scan it and fix the majority of the problem digitally.

So yeah thanks for the critic btw, didn't expect that  Shy
(06-14-2015, 10:30 AM)SanQ Wrote: That's alot to take in haha. Let me see.

The feet is left out because well.. that's the end of the paper I was drawing on. The top of the shield is supposed to have a curve to it. As for the crossbow, first time drawing a crossbow so yeah I know there's much to be desired QQ. BUT WHAT YOU SAY BOUT MY FLOWER!? jk, it's cool I agree, it makes more sense at an angle.

I mean I was drawing these with the intention for fun, not really for anything beyond (like painting, etc.) Usually the more serious stuff I do, I would scan it and fix the majority of the problem digitally.

So yeah thanks for the critic btw, didn't expect that  Shy
I got more and more interested the more I studied your work.  You have tons of erase marks.  You have a lot of discipline and skill to keep drawing for so long, but it shows that you drew the contours and details individually rather than start with a general skeleton.  That's what drawing "from the outside in" means.  You could have included feet if you set up the outline first, but that has no bearing on stylistic appeal, only perfection of form.  My brother only erases something if a whole section doesn't work, and that is easiest to do to a basic framework.  When he doodles, he draws fast and never erases.  There's no point because he already knows what positions things will take before he adds details, but doesn't "look as good" because he has guiding shapes mixed in with the final details.

I saw the shield's curve, and it should have one.  I mean the slant is too extreme.  It should be more like " --- " and less like " \ "   Not by much, though.

I didn't say anything about the alchemist because it looks great already.  I can see no obvious improvements to make at all.  I noticed the very heavy penciling of her right hand; you got so intense with it!
(06-14-2015, 11:43 AM)SteelCrow Wrote: I got more and more interested the more I studied your work.  You have tons of erase marks.  You have a lot of discipline and skill to keep drawing for so long, but it shows that you drew the contours and details individually rather than start with a general skeleton.  That's what drawing "from the outside in" means.  You could have included feet if you set up the outline first, but that has no bearing on stylistic appeal, only perfection of form.  My brother only erases something if a whole section doesn't work, and that is easiest to do to a basic framework.  When he doodles, he draws fast and never erases.  There's no point because he already knows what positions things will take before he adds details, but doesn't "look as good" because he has guiding shapes mixed in with the final details.

I saw the shield's curve, and it should have one.  I mean the slant is too extreme.  It should be more like " --- " and less like " \ "   Not by much, though.

I didn't say anything about the alchemist because it looks great already.  I can see no obvious improvements to make at all.  I noticed the very heavy penciling of her right hand; you got so intense with it!

The way I draw is a little bit different than most people I'm aware (especially how most people start with the skeleton.) I tend to press down too hard when I'm just doing initial sketch, so I end up having to erase or else it becomes a huge mess. I do do 'inside out' drawings sometimes, usually during life drawing tho.

Haha yeah the right arm of the alchemist was the hardest part for that one. Glad it turned out well Smile
(06-14-2015, 12:38 PM)SanQ Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 11:43 AM)SteelCrow Wrote: I got more and more interested the more I studied your work.  You have tons of erase marks.  You have a lot of discipline and skill to keep drawing for so long, but it shows that you drew the contours and details individually rather than start with a general skeleton.  That's what drawing "from the outside in" means.  You could have included feet if you set up the outline first, but that has no bearing on stylistic appeal, only perfection of form.  My brother only erases something if a whole section doesn't work, and that is easiest to do to a basic framework.  When he doodles, he draws fast and never erases.  There's no point because he already knows what positions things will take before he adds details, but doesn't "look as good" because he has guiding shapes mixed in with the final details.

The way I draw is a little bit different than most people I'm aware (especially how most people start with the skeleton.) I tend to press down too hard when I'm just doing initial sketch, so I end up having to erase or else it becomes a huge mess. I do do 'inside out' drawings sometimes, usually during life drawing tho.

Haha yeah the right arm of the alchemist was the hardest part for that one. Glad it turned out well Smile

I'll take a picture or something of my drawings, I dont even use outlines and I usually start at the bottom and work my way up.... and considering I started working on Portrait type art is not so easy...I'll post something soonish lol..Otherwise I love the work :>
[Image: Arbiter%20Sig.png]
It beautiful!!! END