We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tree of Savior on Steam Greenlight
Question 
What you guys think about it? You see it as a important factor to build a player base or as something dispensable? Would you like to see the game released on steam on day one or sometime after release so improvements can be made before presenting the game for a larger audience?

IMO it is a welcome addition to the game (in case of a international server run by IMC, for local publishers not so much, too many parties involved). I like everything in the steam platform, from shopping to community features and it's really a plus when I can enjoy them in my games. Also SALES!

Please share your thoughts.
[Image: trainercard-Shiro.png]
SUN AND MOON HYPE!!!
Honestly I don't mind at all! But I'd rather not have it go straight to steam, so that like you say, it can improve a bit before doing so. It will surely raise the player base by quite a bit if it works out well. Plus, achievements! wee!

This game has 3 major cities. Even though the world map may be huge, the population will be concentrated on the major cities. Therefore, IMO, let's see in the first launch whether the number of player base is >, <, or = the expected target in connection with the number of servers/channels provided by the original publisher(s) before publicizing this game even more. Lag hurts.
Only his companion will reveal one's true achievement.
I don't use it much. The only game I played on Steam is Ys. So Steam or not, it doesn't matter to me.
I prefer traditional standalone launcher/game. Because if for some reason, your Steam messed up and don't want to run, you cannot play the game at all.
Well then if ever it would go on steam, it better be something like wakfu, where there is both the stand alone launcher and the steam launcher that use the same servers anyway Big Grin A good way to boost popularity/population if needed

(01-12-2015, 06:16 AM)zexyan Wrote: For one, steam isn't a publisher. It is just kinda like a game distributor of sorts. So even if the game goes up on steam, as an advertisement or what not, servers still have to be either by IMC themselves or another publisher.

Yes, it is not. Yes, they do. And yes, I understand it. The server should be steady before bringing the game into another game platform was what my point is because one thing we cannot predict in selling arts: market reaction.
Only his companion will reveal one's true achievement.
(01-12-2015, 06:23 AM)jochris Wrote: Yes, it is not. Yes, they do. And yes, I understand it. The server should be steady before bringing the game into another game platform was what my point is because one thing we cannot predict in selling arts: market reaction.

Yeap I misread the post, I'm sorry~!
(01-12-2015, 06:19 AM)fairyhell Wrote: I don't use it much. The only game I played on Steam is Ys. So Steam or not, it doesn't matter to me.
I prefer traditional standalone launcher/game. Because if for some reason, your Steam messed up and don't want to run, you cannot play the game at all.

That's not an issue at all. The platform is pretty reliable and if by any chance an issue occurs in the servers side, steam allows off-line play (and you can still play on-line games in off-line mode, as long as you have a internet connection of course).
[Image: trainercard-Shiro.png]
SUN AND MOON HYPE!!!
What else could come from ToS on steam though? Besides the boosted player base?

We better care for Twitch.tv integration please
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group