We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BLOG] 6 Key Features Gamers Want from MMORPG Games
Discussion topic for 6 Key Features Gamers Want from MMORPG Games

Quote:Previously, I visited many websites, posted in Facebook pages, emailed many people to ask the question, “Name three things that you love or want most from Tree of Savior MMORPG game”. I am extremely delighted to see all of those who have participated, especially the ones from Reddit. I have crunched all the data to create this blog post. I don’t know how far this post will go, but I hope it reaches MMORPG game developers. Even though the question was regarding Tree of Savior, this article applies to all MMORPG games.
Continue Reading 6 Key Features Gamers Want from MMORPG Games
Imported comment from blog.
ManchegoWheeze Wrote:I hope Tree of Savior won’t make these mistakes. Some of the worst things I’ve seen in games and mmorpgs is the lack of ‘depth’ in character customization. Visual glamour aside, I don’t want my statistics to be determined by the gear I wear only. Give the players some control over them like in classic days. This can lead to very unique characters and it won’t always be a loot fest in order to stand out.

There were so many stats in Ragnarok and that equated to a lot of possibilities. Its a shame that Tree of Savior streamlined and condensed the stats into 4 categories but with 1 stat per level, I can see why. I appreciate that they only give 1 stat point per level. It gives a lot more significance to a single point. A lot of mmorpgs have these bloated stats that I don’t even care anymore. Not that I had any control over them in the first place.

Then there’s the repetitive auto combat system that I abhor. I can go on about it but I think any avid gamer pretty much understands why some dislike auto combat.

Then there’s the Theme Park mmorpgs. Zones with little to no re-visit value. Pretty much the whole game becomes about grinding to the last zone area. What’s the point of having lore without some re-visiting value? Its like the developers just built this elaborate world only to make it useless/unattached because they followed a Theme Park routine or something similar where players could care less about exploration or discovering new things.

As a mmorpg player for over 10 years, I have a few quibbles to complain on my part.

1. Swords. Too many swords. I see some games have some variety here and there but the the weapons are just so lackluster in uniqueness. I don’t want flashier swords with engraved dragons or flames or whatever. I don’t want that 50m tall bow made for titans. There’s not a lot of thought put into blunts, polearms or other “very slightly” exotic weaponry.

2. Hidden content. This. A lot of the reason why I don’t always go for single player rpg games is because I have this tendency to check out the lore online beforehand and that tends to ruin the overall experience a bit since there’s little surprise. With mmorpgs, it’d be great for there to be hidden secrets throughout the game just for players who take their time exploring or talking to npcs or “getting to know the lore”. I play mmorpgs for the thrill of being where nobody has gone before. Or completing a task that no one has before. In short, I like secrets. And with a lot of videos about video game ‘secrets’, its no doubt that there are many other players (mmorpg or not) that enjoy discovering secrets.

3. Novices! I really enjoyed the fact that some of the earlier mmorpgs allowed players to start with a clean slate/novice. They didn’t push players to accept a class. It was just commonly accepted that after a certain level as a novice, one chose a class. But with Ragnarok, I had the option of staying as a novice forever! or become a super novice. The main idea is the freedom I had as a player to do what I wanted with my character.

4. I feel that mmorpgs are “too fair” to players and treat everyone equally. Personally, I’d like to see that certain players start off a little differently than others, maybe with a unique item or a unique status or class. Or that some players might come across a unique quest that would be given out once throughout the entire game’s history.
As a mmorpg player or rpg player, its essential that players don’t view themselves as the main character. I just hate that when games make the player out to be some special deity for the sake of having a storyline to follow.
It’s difficult to explain in words but let me make it clear that I am against freeform nonsense as well. I want there to be a story for the players to discover themselves. Each player should have a unique ‘journey’. But achieving that is a bit too ambitious in the first place. Its more of a fantasy of mine.

5. Item uniqueness/variability
I have no idea if Tree of Savior is implementing a randomness to the items’ stats. All I read was something about item weights. But that aside, I’ve seen some recent mmorpgs with loot that just seem a bit dull. Aside from visual dullness, there’s the stat dullness. Every weapon is the same without enhancements of any kind. That feels bland in itself.

I’ll end this horrifically long post with my biggest problem summarized.
Blandness. So many mmorpgs I play nowadays are just bland. I already know some of the current features of Tree of Savior and I’m not too enthused about them but the number of features I look forward to outnumber the ones I don’t by far.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website. 
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
Vibration is the core of Law of Attraction