We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[VIDEO] Tree of Savior CBT YouTube Videos Compilation
Discussion topic for Tree of Savior CBT YouTube Videos Compilation

[Image: tos-server-screen.jpg]

Tree of Savior CBT has only begun for two hours and we are seeing a tonne of content on YouTube already. We have attached a few videos here for you guys. Enjoy.

Continue Reading Tree of Savior CBT YouTube Videos Compilation
Okay, it's time for a comment. At the early stage of playing, gameplay-wise, it's not quiet mesmerizing for me because of two things:

1. The boss fight is action-based (all attacks can be 100% avoided). IMC team has said in the previous interviews and Q&As that early bosses would not be hard. But if until the end, boss fights only require our interactive skill to avoid patterned attack, it would be disappointing. I hope not. I hope bosses would have regular attacks as well which can hit 100% and thus it proves that TOS is an RPG-based game instead of an action game.

This thing is really crucial in MMORPG because it would determine the tier needed for certain bosses and then affect the whole economy and gameplay system.

2. Most of the quests' mobs are instanced. I hope it is just because the early stage/maps of game is just a "training ground" for the new players. Competitiveness and the feeling to play with other people is really important in MMORPG.

Again, I understand that it is just at the early stage of playing, I really really hope those two points above would be unproven in the further stage of playing. I am only commenting on what I see on 1 video; what I said above is not a prejudice, it's a hope. Nonetheless, I am not being let down yet, my hype and hope are still as high as ever.

Graphic-and-design-wise, this is the best I have seen in years.

Can't wait to see more gameplay videos!
Only his companion will reveal one's true achievement.
(01-14-2015, 11:42 PM)jochris Wrote: Okay, it's time for a comment. At the early stage of playing, gameplay-wise, it's not quiet mesmerizing for me because of two things:

1. The boss fight is action-based (all attacks can be 100% avoided). IMC team has said in the previous interviews and Q&As that early bosses would not be hard. But if until the end, boss fights only require our interactive skill to avoid patterned attack, it would be disappointing. I hope not. I hope bosses would have regular attacks as well which can hit 100% and thus it proves that TOS is an RPG-based game instead of an action game.

This thing is really crucial in MMORPG because it would determine the tier needed for certain bosses and then affect the whole economy and gameplay system.

My option is a bit different from yours. Because at later game, your gear will determine whether you get 1 shot by the boss or not. If you cannot avoid boss attack but have decent gear, you stay in the game. That we haven't count in the limitation of reviving here. If you can only revive a certain time per day, 'tier' as you mentioned still needed.
For those who are good enough to avoid all boss attack. That's a reward for them.
This is what I was expecting gameplay from the beginning.
We can look at Dragon Nest for example, boss have pattern attack. Yet the game still working so well.
(01-15-2015, 12:21 AM)fairyhell Wrote: My option is a bit different from yours. Because at later game, your gear will determine whether you get 1 shot by the boss or not. If you cannot avoid boss attack but have decent gear, you stay in the game. That we haven't count in the limitation of reviving here. If you can only revive a certain time per days, 'tier' as you mentioned still needed.
For those who are good enough to avoid all boss attack. That's a reward for them.
This is what I was expecting gameplay from the beginning.
We can look at Dragon Nets for example, boss have pattern attack. Yet the game still working so well.

Or Monster Hunter, you could theorically beat every monsters with no armor, yet the game is INSANELY good. (At least the psp ones)
Already watched some of the CBT video , and here's some point :

Boss Battle , somewhat i see it's pretty much easy. but well this is an early stage , so maybe next level boss gonna be harder. i noticed some attack indicator from the boss.
hmm, at first i thought oracle gonna be useless in boss fight as the pattern is shown, but in 2nd boss (turtle one?) some attack dont have pattern... maybe in the future there will be no pattern at all (only 1 or 2 attack type is drawn) so oracle might be still useful in later boss fight.

as pointed above , i kinda disagree if ToS is compared with MH or Dragon nest , as those are fast paced action game. you are given a rollout / jumping / dodging to have some invicibility or fast movement, but as far i see in the video, the movement is very slow (somewhat resemble console RPG games)

also taking point from jochris post , i guess you dont have to worry , even though all attack can be dodged . the attack of the boss goin harder and faster later on so you dont have enough time to dodge. like in 5 attack boss pattern , some 1 or 2 attack will hit us even we tried to dodge it. this is where some "trade - in" used in battle. the damage dealer can attack the boss but the consequences are they cant dodge if delivering an attack or limiting the damage to maximize the dodge, while the support, can dodge mostly all the damage as its not fully engaged in battle.

i know its just mere guessing , but seeing the increased difficulty from 1st boss to 2nd boss , indicated later on the boss gonna be hard anyway ( I kinda agree with RPG - based rather than Action - based. there are no such dodging / evade ability in game , and there is calculated evasion [ attack can miss] so , no Action - based ! ) xD

for UI and world , make me remember about classic RPG , like legend of mana xD and the world is beautfiul too.
Graphic and Design-wise , i dont have any problem
I was thinking about equipment as damage reducer as well but I don't see it as a tier because as Seiko said, you still can wear no armor haha I don't prefer those kind of games. In any way, equipment and items mustl be regarded much more important, for me that's the point of playing (MMO)RPG instead of RTS or action games. I personally wish TOS is not leading that way, especially with 80 classes of different roles.

Nevermind though, the third boss (elephant) is starting to show that tank can be an important role of the party (it seems impossible to avoid those melee and random attack patterns at once) instead of everybody messing around trying to avoid boss' attacks.

What is interesting, though, one boss' attack patterns can vary. I hope there will be different modifier for each type of attack, like maybe one equip/role of class to reduce the magic attack, one equip/role of class to prevent certain skill, one equip/role of class to reduce piercing attack, one equip/role of class to reduce slashing attack etc.

EDIT: @nick, yeah man, I can see from the third boss that the patterns are not that predictable. We might expect to see the role of each class being brought alive.
Dont' worry, equipement and especially armor are still VERY usefull in pvp/gvg Smile
And it allows to be more lazy when playing
I guess all the elements in the current revealed videos regarding boss vs equipments have been discussed. Therefore, moving on to the next topic, I find that the map zone is SO huge. In 1 map zone, there's been like 3 bosses and so many different mobs. The uploader also revealed a glimpse of the world map, that 1 map zone only occupies one corner of the whole map. This is amazing considering this is the very first patch (not mentioning CBT).

A potential to be as big as WOW's world?
I hope that late stages bosses will need some organization and tactics to beat them. It would make the game more challenging and also more fun in my opinion.
"If there are no great generals left in Shu, Liao Hua will be the vanguard."

If we don't have some kind of Warping or Vehicle, traveling between them could be a problem haha.
But who knows, that maybe when Companion comes to play.

Btw, anyone know how much the game's package size yet?