We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BLOG] Interview with Development Director, Kim Se-Yong
Discussion topic for Interview with Development Director, Kim Se-Yong

[Image: tos-chinese-qna.jpg]

A Chinese  website (17173.com) recently interviewed Tree of Savior development director and vice president Kim Se-Yong about Tree of Savior, game play, instances, bosses and card system. This article will answer a lot of questions that has been asked before prior to G-Star 2014. This is one of the best interview in my opinion about Tree of Savior.

Continue Reading Interview with Development Director, Kim Se-Yong

TLDR
1. Each player starts with 4 basic job and first advancement is 19 jobs of the same type.
2. Max party 5 players
3. Instances can be joined by multiple parties
4. Boss monster raids can support up to 200 players in each map
5. Cards can be used for changing poison content for Wugushi class
6. Keyboard is played by RO players for 10 minutes and they claim that TOS is better with keyboard
7. Tree of Savior is 70% completed
8. PVP Arena supports 1v1 and 3v3. 5v5 party PVP will be implemented in the future
Nice interview, this has brought some answers that we didn't know yet!! Sounds great.

But if they're still at 70% completion, it might take a while before launch. Can't wait to play tho Smile
Kim Seyong:
The instances in Tree of Savior are also in the fields. We are open world. The instances are unlike traditional MMORPG where it is a closed and separated. Players can go fight the boss alone or party up to five members to fight boss together.

Because of the open world design, ONE boss raids can support up to 200 players at once. Each party can only have maximum of five members. Even though you cannot party with the rest of 195 players, but there will be some kind of interaction between players.

i am confused. Does this mean each/every normal boss can be mashed up by 200 angry players or only certain (raid) bosses can be fought by 200 players?

P.S. you may want to add that Sorcerer can also use the boss cards to summon bosses (persona) as minion (though this fact is already mentioned in one of Q&A session)
(11-25-2014, 07:47 AM)Ian Danarko Wrote: i am confused. Does this mean each/every normal boss can be mashed up by 200 angry players or only certain (raid) bosses can be fought by 200 players?
The article does not state whether it is normal boss or raids. However I assume they are raids based on the amount of players and the fact that it is instanced.

Any Chinese here who can correct my translations please feel free to do so.

*I have fixed an error with Oracle. It should be Chronomancer.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website. 
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
Vibration is the core of Law of Attraction
Great interview. Makes me wonder what else classes can use cards.
(11-25-2014, 01:23 AM)Famed Mimic Gogo Wrote: 7. Tree of Savior is 70% completed

What about now? 95% maybe?
(02-21-2015, 06:38 AM)sharcklol Wrote: What about now? 95% maybe?
We had first beta, now expecting second beta, and they announced the game is going to be released on second part of this year or later. An Indonesian site said before the game is probably released on 2016.
~ Like me on Facebook and watch me play cool stuffs ~
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website.
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
ToSGame Discord Channel | ToSGame Steam Group