We are giving out one Tree of Savior beta key to designers. Instructions here. Winner will be announced on Nov, 9th.
Welcome to Tree of Savior Game International Community. Register to join the forum and like our Facebook and Twitter page.
You can also contribute to the community via Tree of Savior Wiki page.
Poll: Which Payment Model do You Prefer?
Pay to Play
Free to Play with Cash Shop
Buy to Play with Cash Shop
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Payment Method
Question 
Edited by Admin: Blog Article Updates
This is the discussion thread for Game Payment Models: Pay to Play, Free to Play or Buy to Play.

[Image: tos-alchemist.jpg]

Andronicus Wrote:It has already been established that Tree of Savior is most likely to go using the Free to Play payment model with Cash Shop. Even the UI suggests the availability of Cash Shop as shown here

With the MMORPG market being one of the most competitive market in the gaming industry, imcGAMES has decided to go with the F2P payment model because this attracts the most number of playerbase. Sure imcGAMES can go with the P2P model, but only 35% (as shown in the poll above) are more willing to pay to play Tree of Savior. 

F2P has also seen as a more successful payment model as shown in League of Legends and Dota2. With these information, I believe F2P is the safer choice to go with Tree of Savior (which I believe is not enjoying the popularity it deserves). 

However, because Tree of Savior is still not a final product yet, imcGAMES are always looking to improve and reading feedback written on community websites. We shouldn't discount the possibility of imcGAMES changing into a P2P or B2P payment model if the CBT is proven to be successful. 

Current Statistics: 110 Votes
Pay to Play: 34.55%
Free to Play: 42.73%
Buy to Play: 22.73%

Original post by Radiacity
To simply put, how is this game going to be marketed? I'm wondering if this game will be Free to play (In-game shop), Pay to play (Monthly subscription), or Buy to play (1-time fee).
Death... is but a new beginning....
good question ... i wanna know this as well ...
Thaumaturge must be the best job ever if its available in real life ...
Penisto, enlargeto,
Boobsto, enlargeto
- Nathaniel
Shut up and take my money!

my true concern is if i will be able to pay
I believe the game will start off free for Closed Beta and Open Beta.
For the real launch, the first month (may) be free and then it will be pay to play afterwards.

We will know more information on these when the officials give their report.
TreeofSaviorGame.com is not the official Tree of Savior website. 
Everything we (Moderator & Admin) say is subject to change without prior notice from the imcGAMES developers.
Vibration is the core of Law of Attraction
I kinda hope for F2P with cosmetics item shop because I really hate pay to win type. If they cannot do it then I would prefer P2P.
I am willing to accept Free to Play with cosmetics, donations, and even to the point of being able to buy drop/exp boosts, inventory boosts, instant teleports, and other items that do not give a direct advantage, but simply making the game more "efficient".
Death... is but a new beginning....
Boku mobile payment method pwease!! :3
F2P basically burned every single mmorpg that I played so far, forcing you into a cycle just because your friend is so cool with that cosmetic/circlejerks that acts like spoiled brats who mock you because you still wear that lv1 hat. And that's just scraping the surface of the whole thing.

I will never trust any developer that says "we will only go for cosmetic/mounts that won't give you any stats" because, simply put, that will never last forever and it's just a promise for the short term period with the sole purpose to get popular enough before introducing a fully fledged cash shop.
I played tons of mmos and all went that way, every single one.

P2P would be the only no cash shop insurance we can have, it's up to you to think if a mmo is worth the investment or not, for example my last mmo was Final Fantasy XIV (renew), I played it with my heart content then the endgame content came and basically ruined all my expectations with mindless grind for everything -> instaquitted but I don't regret at all having paid up to that point.

B2P would be even better, but I believe it won't happen, and it would be a failure considering that we have to deal with strong F2P competitors coming up (Archeage, Black Desert)

I think it will go F2P, with all the pros and cons. If they wanted to go P2P I think they would have said that right away like FF XIV devs did.
Going P2P will definitely upset many players around the world. Ragnarok Online was hacked the moment it announced P2P. Dota 2 and League of Legends have done a pretty good job with F2P with cosmetic purchases in the cash shop. If the publishers (fingers crossed) would not give in to greed and turn cash shops into some "power overwhelming" haven, then I think TOS may stand a chance to become successful.
I'd actually prefer buy to play too. at least the initial purchase will give the company a profit and the cash shop (non P2W) will help support the servers. Pay to play would be ok'ish if it was like 5$ a month.