Tree of Savior Game International Community
Marriage? - Printable Version

+- Tree of Savior Game International Community (http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com)
+-- Forum: Tree of Savior News & Gameplay (http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Tree of Savior: General Discussion (http://forum.treeofsaviorgame.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Marriage? (/thread-1251.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Marriage? - Kadamode - 08-05-2015

One of my fondest memories of RO was crashing weddings, pretending to be drunk on that honeymoon island and getting married to strangers who are secretly guys trying to get all of my item. Seeing how ToS is from the makers of RO, will there be a marriage system in this game? At the same time, seeing how the marriage system is quite rare to see in MMO these days (I can only recall 2 other games with marriages) so it might also not be in this game. Either way, to make it easier for most of you to participate in this thread, here are some questions.

1. Do you think ToS will include marriages?
2. What is your stance on the marriage system in MMO? (pro/anti/neutral/LGBBQ pride/MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN AS DESIGNED BY OUR LORD GOD AND NOT SOME VIRTUAL PRETEND "MARRIAGE")
3. Assuming ToS adopts the marriage system, would you rather have it as purely cosmetic or there are beneficiary bonuses (buffs, etc.)?
4. Who would you marry in-game? (stranger you just met, online friend, irl friend, irl grilfriend, guildmate, your imouto-chan, yer mum, etc)
5. Have you ever been married in any MMO?
6. Is it ethically wrong to pretend to be a girl only to marry a rich player and steal all his money? (I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger)

RE: Marriage? - Schepter - 08-05-2015

Due to the potential nature of this thread, any uncivil or flamatory posts will be removed. Please respect everyone's beliefs and opinions (regarding question two).

RE: Marriage? - Sekuiya - 08-05-2015

1. I think there were some news flying around that currently it wasn't in the plans but that if people wanted it, they would look into it.
2. I'm not anti-gay, but if people start making a great deal about their sexual preferences, I will be bothered. Like who you like, let me like who I like, and we're all gonna be fine.
3. Hmm, it's always nice to have some unique skill that works only for marriage couples, or some item that would let your teleport directly to you dear one. It's always a nice bonus and a reason for more marriages. I kinda like how FFXIV implemented marriages, with you actually having to reserve the place and not having more than one marriages occurring at the same time. It makes it very special.
4. Hmm, though question. If my irl girlfriend played the game, maybe her. Otherwise, I dunno, if I played with someone for a long time and we seemed to work well together, maybe with said someone.
5. Nope, I never did. Nor in any other game, don't think I ever connected with someone to the degree of actually proposing. (with that said, you could apply that question to be more like "Have you ever married someone in a game?" just to be more broad).
6. (But that's exactly what you just described) I would say so, yeah. Even if you're an actual girl, if you're "marrying" that guy just for his money, of course it's wrong.

RE: Marriage? - Zilox - 08-05-2015

1. No idea, I wouldn't mind if it did
2. Neutral tbh. As in idc if its on or not, but if we have it, nice.
3. Probably a "go to your spouse" skill that tps u to ur husband/wife.
4. Girlfriend or really close friend.
5. Yes, sometimes with my MvP partner(sp and shit), other times with myself(same reason).
6. Yes, it is ethically wrong being a gold digger/pretending u are a girl just to get something.

RE: Marriage? - Eternal - 08-05-2015

1. Probably.
2. I was raised to believe that marriage is between one man and one woman, but I have nothing against homosexuals. I call myself a Christian, but I don't hang around those who don't respect others' preferences nor those who pressure people into converting.
3. Both would be nice!
4. Depends; if there's a bonus effect or something I would marry anybody for the gaming aspect, but it's two birds with one stone if it's also someone I enjoy talking to and such.
5. Never played RO, but I did get married in Maplestory. Wish I could get a refund. Speaking of which, if there does turn out to be a marriage system I would prefer it to be free.
6. Whether or not it's an actual girl or a G.I.R.L., I think that's wrong. Pretending to be a girl is one thing, trying to steal/scam someone is another.

RE: Marriage? - shuve - 08-05-2015

1. I hope not
2. I dont really care
3. No buff but maybe an extra skill for wife to emergency summon the husband...... ;p or maybe a skill called "sacrifice" for your other half (by sacrifice all of his/her HP to fill the other one's HP)
4. probably not going to...
5. nope
6. Is this even a question??

RE: Marriage? - Skygrinder - 08-05-2015

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc | I don't know, but I'm highly against it, because every game that had marriage system and I played it, ruined so many friendships. You would find some cool people to play with, and then suddenly, two people of the group would get married, and I don't know, it always changed how I felt playing with them. I know some people that completely stopped playing the game, because someone they wanted to be with in a marriage were already with someone else. Honestly, it's just a drama inducing system, nothing else. Tongue

2. I'm an agnostic, and marriage for me is nothing sacred, for me it's just what you should probably do if you're planning to start a family, because majority of people do this, and you shouldn't make your kids feel strange about their parents not being married.

As for the sexual orientation, well seeing as I experimented a bit, because I wanted to be 100% sure of what I am. I'm safe to say that you can't choose these things, you are or you're not. That said, I can't really hate someone for being what nature intended for them, it's absurd. I'm straight, but I always thought that being bisexual would be much more fun and exciting, honestly.

Also, anyone should be able to get married, if it's just two people, no matter the gender or sexual orientation, and as long as it's for the right reasons - love and family.

3. No combat bonuses, but maybe some skills like teleport to your partner, maybe 5% more experience gain when you're in a group together. Stuff like that.

4. Girlfriend, if I had one and she played. Female online friend, but only if she's into duo playing, because I either solo or duo, I hate large groups, unless it's for a dungeon or something. As for male online or rl friends, I'd rather be in a sort of "best friend" relationship, or "rival", and if they do end up giving us a marriage system, I hope they will also give us something like this, best friend/rival system.

5. Played a bit, not too long to get to a marriage system, so...no and no, pretty much.

6. Duh, yes.

RE: Marriage? - Kadamode - 08-05-2015

Damn. I thought I was being specific but the second question was more of "What is your stance on in-game marriages? Do you think it makes the MMO better, worse or you just don't care?" and the last two examples given were just crude jokes on people who take it way too seriously on both spectrum.

RE: Marriage? - Skygrinder - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:33 PM)Kadamode Wrote: Damn. I thought I was being specific but the second question was more of "What is your stance on in-game marriages? Do you think it makes the MMO better, worse or you just don't care?" and the last two examples given were just crude jokes on people who take it way too seriously on both spectrum.

I took the liberty of turning you into a potato

─░mage

._______.

RE: Marriage? - Kadamode - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:46 PM)Skygrinder Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:33 PM)Kadamode Wrote: Damn. I thought I was being specific but the second question was more of "What is your stance on in-game marriages? Do you think it makes the MMO better, worse or you just don't care?" and the last two examples given were just crude jokes on people who take it way too seriously on both spectrum.

I took the liberty of turning you into a potato

─░mage

._______.

Staying up late to watch The International is detrimental to your thinking and writing process.

Anti-Mage is literally the devil.